Mental Health Forums

Good Psych Appoint And Offer For A Voluntary Job!

ILostHer

Went to my psych this morning, it took 9 c'pams and my cpn to get me there but did anyway, and he has put me back on concerta and we have agreed that when my tolerance to the c'pams and concerta come back I will go into hospital to withdraw and then start again. Not ideal I know but can't survive without them.

I then popped into a cafe and spoke to the owner as she only employs staff with learning difficulties, she said she used to work for RETHINK and told me to go in for an hour to start with to do a bit of work. She said she'd stand by my side and I would just help her out, I go in there a lot as I like the fact she only has volunteers in there and they are all so sweet, I know mine is mental health but she was very keen to help me.

My cpn is also contacting RETHINK too so there will be something else voluntary too.

Plus, I have been told to send off my poetry, which was a huge confidence boost :) Plus I spoke to Headhurts on the phone and it was lovely. She is lovely :)

Happy today. Just thought I'd share.xxx

that sounds like a really great day - that has made me feel better - thank you for sharing it - you have no idea how much it means to me to find this post.

this is such a lovely post. like you said the medication thing isnt ideal but its good you have a plan in place. and the cafe sounds amazing, i would love to work somewhere like that. Its good shes including mental health problems, they might not be learning difficulties exactly but they are still difficulties. obviously she can tell your really lovely just like head hurts xxx

Fantastic! A little bit of hope crept in for me reading your post ILH :). And I'm inspired by you being offered a voluntary job as I've had blank app forms sat "on my desk" for weeks. I must try harder xx

That's great news, really pleased.

What wil happen to you when you go into hospital? How long will you be there?

Pleased about the job, I think it will do you so much good, to meet new friends, find people you can go out with, to meet people with.

xx

Thank you so much for all being so lovely. I am going to walk to the cafe on Monday and sort out the voluntary work, I want to get out more while I can :)

Hospital, HH, I'll be in there for a week or so at a time to come off the meds, it'll be horrible but means I can go back on them again. It's just so that C doesn't have to see me withdraw and I don't have to try and be 'normal' while withdrawing.

Thanks again everyone x x x x

Archived