Mental Health Forums

Me

manja.

I'm off work till tuesday, and think I deseve a 'be nice to me' day... anyone got any ideas?

Don't want to just lie in bed etc till then xx

Hrrrm, how about something like going to a spa or getting a massage? You can get places that aren't too expensive if you are feeling skint.

the thing i miss most since i smashed my arm and can't get in or out of the bath is a really hot bath with original green radox in it. whatever you do during the day, it's a lovely place to just lie and let the aches and pains drain away... why don't you have one for me?

first of all you should turn it into a being nice to yourself long weekend, you deserve a lot longer than a dau

then you should give yourself permission to lie in bed at any time if thats what you want/need. I hope you wont need to but resting and conserving strength is important. I hope you can do loads of other things but resting doesnt count as wasted time.

then maybe choose yourself one special treat for every day? I'm not totally sure what you like but something different every day.I think the spa sounds nice if you are into that or any kind of beauty therapy like maybe massage? if you have a college near you that does beauty therapy you might be able to get cheap treatments from students, maybe you could even treat yourself to more than one! or if you want your hair cut or coloured you could also get it done by a student.

maybe one day your special treat could be a food thing like a cake, maybe just buy a single slice of really nice cake or a takeaway or anything else youll really enjoy eating

then you could buy yourself something special to wear another day like an item of clothing, anything at all. then the day after that you should wear it and enjoy wearing it even if its not the usual sort of thing you'd wear for what your doing that day.

then maybe you could buy or get from the library a book, cd or film or something you'd like and you can go home and relax and enjoy it.

or anything else you can think of. whatever you decide i hope you enjoy your manja time xxx

Archived