Mental Health Forums

Temazepam

DJJK

Anyone else taken this?

I was given 7 as PRN for sleeping as I hadn't for 2 days...couldn't complain that it didn't do what it said on the tin, but today I have a major headache, my eyes are really dry and sore and I'm unbelievably irritable...I also had to write today off and in spite of sleeping very well, I'm still exhausted.

I'm trying to keep topped up on fluids in case it's just run of the mill dehydration, but at present everything is REALLY annoying me...

Anyone know if this is normal or should I go back to the GP? - my only worry is that there isn't much else I can be prescribed...Diazepam seemed to work better initially although on the 2nd night of taking it, instead of becoming sleepy I became agitated and acted a bit weird...

I'm upset that I've had to get to this point of taking tablets to sleep.

KX

I've taken temazepam, it makes my head fuzzy and makes me super irritable.

It does help sleep but the quality isnt good, it helps with the nightmares too...I just have to have a head full of cotton wool. I used trazodone instead now cos it serves as the anti-d.

I found similar side effects - headache and feeling really tired in the morning.

However after 3/4 nights of taking it these effects subsided so for me it was worth sticking with it.

xx

With all Benzo's (Diazpeam, Temazepam, Clonazepam, Lorazepam etc) and Z-drugs (Zopiclone, Ambien etc), when you take them, especially at first, you will feel groggy/hungover the next day and can suffer other side effects from them, like with all medications.

These side effects often disappear overtime, but if you are not happy with the way they make you feel, discuss it with your GP and see if there are any alternatives.

I would personally advise you, coming from someone who is addicted to Benzo's and Z-drugs. Please don't abuse them. Use them only when you absolutely need them. Don't use them daily, as you will become tolerant to them very quickly and will find they will not work as well, which may make you want to take more to get them to work the way they did when you first started them. Also make sure you don't stay on them for too long.

OrangeLamp mentioned Trazodone. These are Anti-Depressents, with sedating properties that can help with insomnia. I personally took these and found they worked very well for me at the time, but had to change them when i was presribed an Anti-Psychotic.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Aurora :)

Cheers guys - I didn't take one last night and I feel much more switched on today. I think I'll be keeping the rest for times of extreme emergency. As someone who's had issues in the past with addictions, I'm very careful now and approach most things with care.

X

Archived