Mental Health Forums

Soup And Risotto

fedup!

Hi folks xxxxxxxxxxx

So I'm having another working Saturday (oh, you know what....I've just made a decision. Any dickhead who ever again says 'teachers have it easy, they get loads of holidays and finish at 3.10' blah blah is just not worthy of my time, are they? No point in me getting pissed off and upset at their completely ignorant attitude!!)

ANYWAY...so I should be done by 3.30 latest and then I'm toddling off food shopping. Going to pore over the recipe books and cook up some deliciousness.

I absolutely love having a peacful kitchen, with mellow music on and getting creative. I'm no chef, but I find it so relaxing.

I'm making a lovely, mega easy soup from a recipe I found:

Got 2 1/2 onions

3 cloves garlic

A couple of leftover anchovies out of a tin

Tin butter beans

Veg stock

Herbs, probably thyme and dried oregano

Easy! Chop up onions, fry with olive oil and butter, add anchovies then garlic, cook for a few mins, add drained butter beans then veg stock and herbs, simmer for 15mins til onions cooked and blend to your fave consistency.

Later I may make some risotto but with barley instead of rice.

What are you cooking today? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, now I'm glad that the teaching thing didn't work out for me. I'm way too protective of my Saturdays! Hope you enjoy your cookery time :)

Today I had;-

Supermarket brand Tomato & Chunky Vegetable sauce with vegetarian mince and flax seed oil

Tagliatelle paglia e fieno

Fox's Classic

Put a gloop of olive oil in pan and heat until it sizzles. Chuck mince on top before adding sauce, oregano, tarragon and two teaspoons of flax seed oil. Simmer.

Pour boiling water over pasta

Watch television for 10-12 minutes, periodically running into kitchen to scrape burnt contents from bottom of pan.

Serve and shovel

Throw bowl and cutlery in sink

Eat Fox's classic whilst doing one's best to forget there's washing up to do.

Bon appetit!

With a Fox's classic??? :D

I can't say I have. Sounds a bit Glühweiny! Is that a Ribena squash or simply boiling the proper stuff?

The only hot drinks I've had for a long time are hot chocolate and Ovaltine... and now I'm considering getting a tub of hot chocolate and whipped cream to go with the bikkies. Yummy!

Mmm all sounds very yummy! :)

I made 3 courses today for my girlfriend, I started off by making spicy red lentil soup followed by a quorn and peppers in a spicy tomato secuin (Or however you spell it!) sauce with fresh tomatoes and onion served on a bed of noodles and finished off with strawberry angel delight :)

xxx

For lunch I had the other half of last night's veggie ommelette 'pizza style'.

Then for dinner I had tagliatelle with veg and 4 cheeses. :)

Plus lots of onion and sesame thins, a honey cake, and, yep, chocolate!

Tell you what, when we're in the mood we eat well on here don't we, eh? Good on us! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Soup was gorgeous, I also made homemade bread and butter pud - was delish and I feel most Nigella-y. Glad to see we are all fans of long pasta strands, be they tagliatelle or noodles! Love the use of leftovers too!

Corpse - boil the water first, let it cool for a bit and then add to your cold Ribena concentrate. Oh, and as it's a comfort drink, after a long hard day, it MUST be served in a mug otherwise you just aren't doing it properly, umkaaaaaaaaay???

Bon appetit folks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived