Mental Health Forums

Looking For Control *may Trigger*

Barebones

Well i decided last night that i am going to stop eating. What sparked me off was my husband reaction again last night when i started snoring.

I thought i was aware of my dog ect and wasnt fully awake but he said ive been snoring for an hr. I have been having problems with snoring again for a long while,which me and husband has been swapping sleeping places.

Now ive decided, i need to lose the weight, need to get control over my eating and stop this fn snoring.

I started snoring 3and half yrs ago when i became ill, which i put on weight. Ive had enough.

I guess i need that feeling of being empty, gaining control and have actual energy and not all this stupid health probs i have since i started eating again.

If i gain control and lose the weight, then i maybe able to sort out my fatty liver disease. I have to do something, im sick of bed swapping and being like this anyway. I want to get back into my old clothes.

Anyway just wanted this out of my head, sry if it triggers you, but i need to lose weight.

hi barbones

i really feel for you, i had the same problem with my ex partner that use to snore, It was me always ending up in the spare room, it took a toll on our relationship, We both wanted to sort it and found some really helpful books in the library. extra hugs and cuddles during the day when your not sleeping together can help too. He made a trip to the doctor too even though he was slightly over weight, after some test they found he had an over growth on something at the back of his throat and had a small op.

I really wish you good luck, its not a nice situation for either of you, but like i said was amazed that the books we found did give some really good advice

dx

Hi Barbones

I don't have so much trouble with snoring but I do have problems with breathing as soon as I lay down - something seems to close in my nose and can't breathe through it properly, so I use Breatheright Nasal Strips and if you get them from Asda you can get 3 boxes for a tenner whereas in Boots they're over £7 a box!

I used to spend hours awake because I couldn't breathe properly and now (with the odd exception) I sleep really well with them.

Please don't stop eating altogether, that won't do your mental health any good sweets - you still need to get your nutrients. I would go and see your doctor and see what they suggest.

Much love

Cats xx

Thanks both x

On the bed swapping i guess as u said he is an ex lol and sry dont mean to laugh ur right i guess he had a prob like me.

cat tx, i think its my weight gain and also i understand what u said about the nose and i do think i have a prob, but i had this prob few yrs ago and i know now i have some sort of nose prob but the snoring came before then. My husband said its not just breathing in its also out, and yes i had a few probs many yrs ago which i felt i stopped breathing and i would suddenly wake up. hard to explain, this is diffrent now and if i lose weight it could and prob will sort my stupid snoring.

thanks both xxx

Archived