Mental Health Forums

Already Have Huge Difficulty Sleeping ......

Pickle59

Hello everyone, :grouphug[1]:

Having a weird numb day, and I'm not taking anything!

Anyway, before I do any more writing and deleting,

If you already have difficulty sleeping at night time, (which I do hugely) when would you suggest the best time to take Sertrapine? Has anyone any experience with this medication?

I have never taken anything before for depression, (except alcohol mind) but that was a long time ago now.

I have just been prescribed Sertraline today and told to take it immediately, prior to my screening for BPD on 3rd May. I asked when to take, the nurse and the doctor, and the pharmacist said it didn't matter as long as it is regular.

I notice one of the possible side-effects is insomnia!

I am not fancying double insomnia :wacko:

Anyone got any experience with Sertraline and possible best time to take to avoid an insomnia overload but maximum alertness until around 10.30 p.m (lol).

I am nervous of everything that is happening at mo Pandora and of having to be on medication, possibly permanently. I know I can't carry on like this though, my deep sadness, my constant conflicts, taking on what other people think of me as the truth. I don't trust or know who I am. I'm sick of feeling the way I do. This has all gone on too long. I really hope the path I'm going down now will help to sort me out, one way or another.xx I hope it helps too.x

think being on meds is scary, as the idea of having to take tablets to make you feel 'normal' just kinda feels wrong. but it can help when mixed with counseling, just might take a while to find the right one. ive tried a few and not found the perfect combo yet. it might not be permanent hun, in fact i think its advised that people done take them permanently xx

Some sort of counselling is on its way, I hope. It's just that I asked Doc about how long I would be on these, and he said indefinitely.x

Had very bad night, but quite bright this morn :rolleyes: . just going to opticians again to confirm or not whether my eyesight taking a turn for worse. Lots of foggies. i took the first one last night Pandora, as you suggested.x

I think I took them early evening when I was on them (2004-6). They did help and after the first couple of weeks where I had a bit of a tremor and a very dry mouth I had no side effects. Good luck with them - everything on offer is worth a try and it may take a few tries to find the one that works for you. x

Sleep was terrible to be honest, but didn't take anything to help last night, which I usually do.In the back of my mind am also wondering whether the sleeping tabs are, in the end, not helping my overall mood, so gonna try and cut them out, if I can, and hope that some therapy will be able to help with the not being able to sleep. Know also, if I am honest, that I have wanted to take more and more of the sleeping tablets, not just to sleep but to escape. This isn't good. Had to give them away to a friend a couple of weeks ago, cos I knew what was happening with me, and didn't trust myself, I was aware of the slippery slope, cos been there before with the booze.(Got tablets back, but gonna try and leave them alone for now, cos was starting to use them as not intended) Even though I didn't sleep much last night, feel quite bright today. Sertraline can't have worked that quickly surely! ^_^

Archived