Mental Health Forums

Mirtazapine Dizziness

SusieQ

I've been on Mirtazapine for nearly 2 years now. I don't want to come off it because its the only thing I've ever been stable on.

But I get this horrible side effect...at least I think its the Mirt. I'm not entirely sure. I've had it for a long time now, and I can't think of anything else that could be causing it. Its kind of a feeling that when I move my head, my vision takes a while to catch up with me, and I feel momuntarily dizzy. Has anyone else had somethig like this from Mirt?

It drives me nuts, and I'm also wondering if its something I should fess up to with my gp in case it is symptomatic of something else. I tend to avoid going to my gp unless its serious and it seems like a minor thing to go in for. Thoughts?

i haven't been on it so cant help there unfortunately, but think its worth asking the gp about it, there might be a tablet they can give to combat it an allow you to stay on the mirt. plus it sounds like a horrible side effect xx

I used to take this a few years back and didn't agree with me at all. I found this for you.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Mirtazapine:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abnormal thinking; confusion; decreased coordination; fainting; fast heartbeat; joint pain; mouth or nose sores; new or worsening agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated feeling of well-being, trouble sleeping, restlessness, or inability to sit still; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent headache or
dizziness;
shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or actions; symptoms of infection (eg, fever, chills, sore throat, flu-like symptoms); symptoms of low blood sodium levels (eg, difficulty concentrating or thinking, memory problems, sluggishness, unsteadiness, unusual weakness); tremors; unusual or severe mental or mood changes; worsening of depression.

http://www.drugs.com...de-effects.html

Archived