Mental Health Forums

Test Your Empathy Quotient

Data

I know this has been posted before, but I think its relevant and interesting. Here is an empathy quotient test:

http://glennrowe.net/BaronCohen/EmpathyQuotient/EmpathyQuotient.aspx

I tried to fill it in honestly and not to put myself down too much. The result was a bit depressing though :(.

Your score: 23

0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)

33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

I do have to say though that no online test can be taken too seriously.

Your score: 26

0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

:worried_anim: :confused02:

i scored 30 and i disagree strongly with that score

but i suspect it is cos i answered a lot of "society expects" questions wrong...

so as Data said, please take it with a pinch of salt...

I also scored 30 and I also agree with Villan.

I know I can be very empathetic and sensitive towards other people's feelings. The few people that I'm close to will attest to this. However, at the same time, I'm very comfortable with my introversion and furthermore, I make a point of being honest whenever I can.

Indeed plenty of seasonings are required to go with this test.

27??

probably thinking well yeh she would disagree with that, but i think it's bollocks. i always try to help people :blink:

plus i dont even think some of the questions were particularly relevant

Your score: 19

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

hmmmmmmmmm we know part is very very empathetic but other parts are closed off so maybe thats why

actually found some questions hard to answer as head didnt seem to have an answer for them

glad u said that walker as always find these type of questionnaires difficult. as different times different answers. and cant do bits about waht people say about me. anyway did as of today and got 32.

Definitely agreed about different times , different answers.

I did one of these a few years ago & got about 20. But back then i would have said i strongly agreed with 'prefering animals to people'- where now i would 'disagree slightly', as i love my cats, but i love my friends & kids too.

i got 36 which i was suprised with. But yeh lots of salt too :)

I got 45.

Having an 'alternate self' makes tests like this complicated... and I have a complex complication of warmth along with deep insecurity.

Your score: 59

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

Your score: 17

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

I got 36.

I hoped it would be higher but i'm not suprised.

I agree you shouldnt take it too seriously. (sorry its another long post, i kind of did a list of reasons why we shouldnt take it too seriously)

I think its hard to test anything like empathy with multiple choice answers. we're all different and we probably express empathy in different ways. you might be really empathic in some things but not in others and idk if that makes you less empathic than someone who empathises with everything but not very deeply.

some of the options could suggest empathy or lack of empathy. Like you might get upset when someone is crying because you feel there pain or you might get upset because you dont understand whats going on and you have no idea what to do. Or if you dont get upset it might be because you dont care or it might be because you are ignoring your emotions totaly and focussing on them.

most of the answers i wasnt sure what to put, some of the answers can vary depending on my mood or who i'm with. Some things i dont know the answer to. Like taking up new hobbies and discarding them, I dont really know what counts as sticking with a hobby for a long time. A month, a year? Five years? I think (but i could be wrong) younger people change their interests more often than older people. I find that most things in life are interesting if you try them but i dont have space in my life to keep enjoying everything regularly forever.

if you have low self esteem you are probably more likely to assume you are bad at something so that might make you give yourself a lower score than you deserve.

I found i was having to think really hard about each question, it was quite tempting to put 'agree' for everything that was like me and 'disagree' for everything that wasnt. it wouldnt surprise me if i'd read some of them wrong and given the wrong answers. that would probably effect my score.

Your score: 23

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

Th

Thought I'd do better.

I was just looking out of my window and saw some guy running from the supermarket to the bus stop as fast his legs could take him. I looked down the road and saw a bus tootling along (obviously). I found myself willing him on and was actually quite pleased for him when he got to the stop before the bus did.

That's got to be worth at least 4 points right?

I was just looking out of my window and saw some guy running from the supermarket to the bus stop as fast his legs could take him. I looked down the road and saw a bus tootling along (obviously). I found myself willing him on and was actually quite pleased for him when he got to the stop before the bus did.

:lol: That's gotta be 20 points at least I'd be wanting the bus to pass him!

I say at least 30! :) xx

Archived