Mental Health Forums

Test Your Empathy Quotient

Data

I totally disagree with things like this. I think people tend to answer what they want to be like/think they're like, whether that be negative or positive. These kinds of tests are really dangerous in my opinon.

I got 67.

not really sure i understand it, or am that bothered by it, but it passed a few mins :) xx

• 2 weeks later...

Your score: 6

0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)

33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

6! 6!!!! Oh for goodness sake... That'll teach me to be honest... 6!!!!!!!!

Good thing I work at trying to understand people - 53 years of effort does make some difference... but 6!!!!!!!!!! I thought it would be at least 20 and I was hoping for 30...

Having said all of the above, I thought that the questionnaire was flawed because at least 10% of the questions I did not understand at all until someone here had explained them to me and another 10% contained a double or treble negative and I never can work out what the heck I'm supposed to do with those...

I have a PhD (honestly) but all the sense of the average housebrick...

this sounds right but i have autism not aspergers.

Your score: 15

0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)

33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)

53 - 63 is above average

64 - 80 is very high

80 is maximum

Female

I guess I am on the low end of average, I don't know if I should be happy or not, even though I have never taken this before, I feel like a more caring person than I have ever been in my adult life. Maybe when I was a preteen I would have had more empathy (before life made me hard, lol)

Archived