Mental Health Forums

Doctor Wont Prescribe My Meds

Ollieclews

Went this morning as I have nothing and doc refused to prescribe me any of my regular meds says I need to speak to my Pdoc or crisis team and get them to write to my GP and then will prescribe then but thats gonna take ages, Im feelin so vile atm I cant manage without them I dont know what to do :(

He says its coz when I came out on a&E they didnt reccomend any on disccharge sheet, he can see from my notes that ive been having these meds for 5 months now!

well that seems ridiculous. think people are too scared to do things nowadays in case they are sued, when surely common sense should prevail there xx

Hi Ollie. I think this is a ridiculous situation. You can't just stop meds, as obviouslt this can be harmful.

So I would suggest you contact the Pdoc and get them to fax a prescription to your chemist immediately, and also ask for a letter to be sent to your GP.

Hope you manage to get this sorted xx

The doctor should ring the crisis team for you and get it sorted himself. It sounds like they are not giving you the level of care you need.

Actually on reflection I agree with Data, but it sounds as tho he he not very co-operative, so maybe you will have to sort it yourself. xx

Archived