Mental Health Forums

Stitches

AmyP

had to get stitches yesterday and they are still really painful. saw nurse today an she said i need to go back on thurs to get it checked again as it doesn't look great. im on flucloxacillin to try an prevent infection, but am a bit concerned as i was told i might need to have surgery by the nurse, but the doctor who stitched my arm seemed quite new as he had to ask the nurses a lot of questions, so am wondering if the pain is because of how deep it was an he made the wrong decision.

has anyone else had horrible pain the next day?

(((((((hugs))))))) - sounds unpleasant - i'm really sorry.

if the injury might need surgery then it is pretty much bound to hurt I'm afraid (((((hugs))))) have they given you sensible painkillers??

Sorry you're in pain hun. Not sure I've had the same experience, anytime I've had stiches I've had a like a dull pain when the anesethic has worn off and perhaps the next day.

Your's sounds a little more complex seeing as they said you might need surgery. Is that due to the wound bleeding after stitching and the blood being trapped underneath the healing wound? I've had that once and they said they might need to re open the wound - luckily it was ok but it did kind of ache for a bit.

Perhaps you could get it checked out before Thursday? As better safe than sorry.

xx

she said might need to go to plastics cos of how deep it was. yeh nurse told me to go back before thurs if it got worse but i dont like going, feel like im worrying over nothing xx

i have only had stitches on a really deep wound once and it hurt. i took co-codamol and ibuprofen, but it still hurt. I ended up back at a&e and they sorted out the pain with something stronger - can't remember what...

i agree with growly - go back to a&e if it still hurts ((((hugs))))

ok yeh will see nurse again so they can check it. is hard to know what is normal pain and what isnt considering what youv done to your body. i mean its obviously guna hurt, but didnt expect it to hurt this much. didnt hurt at all last time i had stitches xxx

Archived