Mental Health Forums

Psychologist

toaster

So I posted a while back about the issues I was having with my CMHT.

The issues were ongoing for a while - worker, no worker, worker, no worker, then they gave me a worker who doesn't know her arse from her elbow...

Anyway, last session she basically admitted to me she didn't know what to say or do to help me - got to give her credit.

Spoke to her on Tuesday and she said I will be getting referred to the psychologist (it seems they only have 1 in the area :blink: )! I am pleased she (social worker) has recognised that my problems may be beyond her limited experience and that she has sorted this for me.

Just wanted to share! Good bloody news :D

great news

i lived in Llanfairpwll for a while - the nhs in North Wales is exceptional... for being somewhat underfunded.

I'm really glad. I have a trainee social worker and she always says i can talk to her about anything but when i talk to her about anything serious she doesnt really respond.

I think 1 of the hardest things is admiting when you cant do something and you need to pass it on to someone else, it must be even harder when you are still learning and you want to prove you are good.

so i'm really happy for you Toast and respect to your social worker :)

Archived