Mental Health Forums

Not Quite Fitting In My Body?

JasmineRose

Does anyone else have days where they feel like they can't get hold of anything with their hands? That they keep dropping things, and everything feels out of their grasp? I feel like I'm almost floating out of my skin. I don't like it. I just want to curl up in a ball under the duvet. I feel so miserable and out of sorts and irritable. I feel that disorientation in my arms and hands especially. Like my arms are falling off. I hate it. I don't want to be me. I don't want this.

i get feelings like i am 1/2 a second behind reality and feel kinda wrapped in some kind of shroud like cover which kinda leads me to feel similar, but not quite the same, physical detached feelings...

usually there is not much i can do about it other than wait to snap out of it, but luckily the feeling usually doesn't last too long... but you could try some distraction techniques if you think they may help you...

it's a sucky place to be in for sure, and i hope it passes for you soon...

xxx

((Jasmine)),

I often feel like i'm standing a little behind myself like over my right shoulder, not quite in sync, tis a horrible feeling, sorry you're feeling this way today,

hope it passes quickly, do you know what made the feeling start? anything that triggered it?

Thank you both.

I get this periodically. In therapy we've identified it as the presence of my Other. But I don't always have this when She is present. But usually She is when I have it.??

I'm tired, cold and feeling quite vulnerable. The weather is also quite disconcerting/frustrating/uncomfortable.

I curled up under my blanket for a while, and then put my fan heater on. These things have helped a bit.

I'm seeing my Befriender this afternoon. But I really want to go to sleep. That sounds bad, I know.

Archived