Mental Health Forums

Phone Call To The Psychiatrist

bpdgirl

I think it went ok actually :rambo:

I feel better now that everything has been clarified re diagnoses and meds. Still really confused as to why the trainee had complicated things and so just explained my stress/now relief about the situation to the Consultant. I still don't think she gets it, but it's good to see that she in her own words accepts I'm struggling, empathises that it must be difficult dealing with it on a day to day basis, and agrees it's largely personality based. She also said she wouldn't ever make personality diagnoses. Feel like I'm not getting the full support there but I've decided I don't want labels anymore as they just make me feel isolated. I said it would feel counterproductive turning up to appointments when I'm refusing meds at the moment and don't want other labels. She said the label was pretty much fixed and that it need not be about meds or diagnosis but more about support. I would never have seen it that way. I told her I didn't mean a comment I made in our last appt and didn't know why I said it (kind of embarrassed to go into this on here further), and she said that she disregarded it anyway as lots of people say stupid things to her and she doesn't know why either. I told her about the repressed memories I'm having and she asked what I meant by that. Pretty sure I didn't make that term up, lol ! Anyway, we agreed to talk about it in a session and at one point of the conversation I did consider discharging myself...she was about to accept and then double checked and we decided to leave the appointment open. So yeah, interesting 10 min call there. Actually, it was probably about 9 mins by the time I was put through to her lol. I feel more positive about things. Glad I didn't just discharge myself like I did before. I think you should be required to speak to a Psych before discharging yourself from MH services. I was horrified at how easily I was able to do so when suicidal before. But yeah, deffo a good outcome me thinks :speak_cool:

How's everyone else today? x

Archived