Mental Health Forums

Coping But Not Doing Well

Data

Lately I spend most of my time (maybe 20 hours a day) in my bedroom, either working or sleeping. The last few mornings its been 9-10am when I've got out of bed which is too late, I've found it hard to get up though.

My work is a constant stress and home life is not much better. My wife and I have not been getting on well lately. We seem to be constantly bickering. She is unhappy with her work, her colleagues are insensitive to her and accuse her of slacking off just because she is part time. It makes me angry that they treat her this way, when they understand nothing about her "easy" life. Our house is a mess as usual. My wife left the gas oven on today, I have to check it every time as it is a regular occurrence. We even had a row whilst I was typing this very topic out. She asked me "what are you writing", to which I replied "mind your own business". Maybe I was a bit rude to her :(.

A teacher from the special school has come to see our son today in the school, because they say he is improving academically but not socially. Last week he had a couple of bad days, on one day he apparently threatened to urinate on someone.

My mum had the kids yesterday and I made the mistake of telling her that our son had bad days - which prompted them to shout at him for half an hour. In the morning I also made the mistake of telling her that my son had missed breakfast, my mum's response was to say to him "well you'll die then". I had to contradict her, because that is just an outrageous thing to tell a child, as far as I am concerned. She would say she didn't mean it, but that is the thing... kids sometimes can't tell, I never could with her. And then this evening my son is telling me I will die in my 40s (I am 39 now) as I am fat, and I've found out that's another thing he has learned from his grandma.

I am looking forward to being able to relax at 9pm with a bottle of wine. I've stopped keeping a track of what I am drinking as I missed a day in my spreadsheet. Its good that I only drink on an evening but its a while since I've had a drink-free evening. I depend on it psychologically to get me through the day.

Next week I have to do a sleep study because apparently I might have sleep apnoea. My dad was telling me not to bother with it because they might report me to the DVLA and then I would be in danger of losing my driving licence. However, the consultant said I might be at risk of having a heart attack or stroke due to it. The biggest thing though is... I am REALLY not keen on the idea of wearing a mask to bed to help me breath. I hope it doesn't come to that! I am also waiting for the results of all the hospital tests I had done.

With all the stress and with not having any real friends and with me not getting on with my wife so much, the thing I am missing out on in my life so much is support and someone to show me that they care for me.

Hi Data

sorry you're having such a hard time :(

I don't really know what to advise but wanted to say there are people here who support you and care for you, me included

((((Data))))

xxx

(((Data))). If you hadn't shared this post, I wouldn't have known how to show you that I care, as a member of these forums, and am listening as best I am able. Thinking of you and I really hope that things get better for you :bigarmhug[1]: soon.x

Archived