Mental Health Forums

Unbelievably Tired

b0bulat0r

Saw pretty much every minute on the clock last night, so stupidly tired

last time I looked at saw was 4:27 and I'd still not had a wink of sleep, finally got to sleep sometime after that, but ofc had to get up this morning to come to work,

I don't know how i'm going to get through the day I am so stupidly tired,

Tomorrow is my Grandma's funeral I've booked the day off of work and U signed my form to say its ok but

work is pilled up so high I just don't know how i'm going to get sorted, I have so much to do and i've been neglecting things again because i've just not had time,

I promised yesterday i'd ring the day resource centre and explain why i've not made a new appointment but I just haven't had a moment to stop and do it,

I feel like i'm just burning myself into the ground,

the only light i suppose is trying to get through to the weekend where we have a 3 day weekend, (bank holiday monday).

but I just don't know I can cope with today, I have no energy at all.

Hi Bob

I really feel for you because that kind of sleep deprivation is awful - could you buy some Lucozade energy drinks to help you get through the day xx

Hi Bob - I really feel for you concerning what you have been going through. I have had insomnia a lot myself and really hate it but at least to some extent I have gotten it under control. I really wonder if what is keeping you up is constant worrying. If one of the worries is the constant pressure at work maybe it would help to take a "who the hell cares" attitude about your job. I assume the worst they can do to you is let you go and if so hopefully you have something like the unemployment insurance like we have in the USA. If you let the job control you instead of you controlling the job it will end up bringing you down. If you can some how tell yourself you will work at a steady pace through the day and if the work keeps piling up anyway, they need to hire some extra help or else it just won't get done! If you keep making impossible demands on yourself, you will worry yourself every night. Bob, in all reality mental health and peace of mind really comes before any stupid job. By the way, there are a lot of good articles on how to treat insomnia on the internet as well as good books on the subject. Take care - Detroitguy.

A large portion of it is stress and worry yes.

My apprentice finishes in two weeks, I've just been told we won't be keeping him on due to budget, they have admitted for the past 3 years this job should be done by 2 or 3 people and yet they refuse to hire anyone else.

I can't lose my job because my family don't have jobs and i'm supporting everyone at the moment,

I tend to sleep better at weekends (friday night, saturday night) when i'm not working the next day.

my Grandma's funeral is tomorrow I think I am also finding it difficult dealing with this, I might be able to put things more out of my mind when its over :(

I don't think we have umemployment insurance? its nothing i've ever been told about or opted into.

we have to pay national insurance, and tax and I pay into a pension, but I think those are the only 3 stops I get.

Archived