Mental Health Forums

Day 3 Of Quetiapine And..

Ollieclews

I feel like total and utter crap :(

Dosage started at 50mg and is now at 150mg and today I actually feel like death :(

I cannot keep my eyes open I cant think, focus, speak or walk I fell like a vegetable and my girlfriend isnt too happy with me, she wants to go out for a walk etc today and tomorrow and I just dont feel up to it. Both physically and mentally.

So yeah feeling terrible emotionally and physically aching all over dont have any energy to do anything and feel like such a shit boyfriend :(

xx

(((ollie))) i have never taken Quetiapine so I don't have any experience of your side effects but just wanted to offer you some support and I hope these side effects reduce soon xx

hi ollie i was on Quetiapine too and i also wasnt too good on it too, i gave it 3 weeks and didnt feel it was right for me ,also my new doctor didnt think it was good for me , id go and see your doctor and tell him how your feeling, maybe he could change it to something to something else but he may say wait a few weeks , hope you feel better soon xxx

They take about 2 weeks to kick in, I had to stop them as I was suicidal with them also I had problems with weight gain and no good for me considering I am so paranoid about my weight :(

Your girlfriend will understand if you tell her that you feel crap, They do tend to make you very sleepy from what I remember.xxx

Thanks Debbie! :)

And @ Jasmine I asked the crisis team today about them and they wont even consider taking me off them for at least 3 weeks :(

And sorry to hear you had a rough time with them Growly :(

I've told her I dont feel too good but it seems to of upset her which has just made me feel worse :(

I cant help it and I cant help but sleep and sleep even here on the laptop now my heads drooping :(

Thanks for your kind words thought guys :)

xxxx

do you take e doses or one slow release at night. reason I ask is that I take 150mgs at night and whilst its a bit difficult first thing i really cant tell I am on it. maybe give it more time x

Hey Ollie,

sorry you're not feeling too good with the Quetiapine.

If it's any help I had the same thing for the first few days, 50mg knocked me for six then i had to go up to 150mg in 3days so was shattered!

The good news is it does even itself out a bit. Also those were standard release so then i(like Cats) I switched to slow release of one 300mg at night and that was much better for me.

So there is hope hun, try and stick with it if you can so that you can give it a proper evaluation of whether it's helping you or not. Maybe knowing that you'll be drowsy at first try to plan things which don't require full attention or move them around to when you feel you have 'more wakeful' periods.

As an example i can't do thinking stuff in morning only repetative type tasks, but i can do thinking type tasks in afternoon.

Hope this helps a little hun

x

Hi Ollie,

Hang in there, it done wonders for me. It was worth the teething problems. My intital dose was 400mg and I am now down to 300mg.

Try and stick with it :) if it doesn't work after a few weeks then at least you can say you gave it a try.

xx

Hi Ollie the side effects are the pitts but do try and stick with it for a while longer.

I now take 200mg in the morning

100mg prn

400mg at night

Now i dont suffer with any of the side effects.

Archived