Mental Health Forums

I Am Really Trying This Weekend

Christine001

ok I am trying to be more positive today. I am cleaning the house, I say a lot I am doing it but dont so this weekend I am doing it. and I am trying to read a book not about bpd and try really hard not to sh. oh god shouldnt have had that thought.

usually I stay in bed when the children arent here so anything I do is postive , though tbh its about forcing myself . but I am trying which is a good sign.

Hi Christine

I've decided to take a leaf out of your book and clean my flat too! Well, the intention is there which is a start right? It's really good that you're trying.. I think that 'forcing yourself' sometimes does help when it comes to distraction and doing things like cleaning, but I'd also say that it's important to have something nice to look forward to too. I imagine for most people cleaning isn't the most joyful of tasks so maybe you could reward yourself once it's done or reward yourself along the way? Of course the emotional reward is important too.. of simply being proud of yourself for having done it. If it helps I'm proud of you for even thinking about doing it. It sounds like this is a big thing and different to what you normally do when home alone. I'm right behind you and thinking of you while I'll be (maybe) cleaning my flat too.

And yes please do continue to try to stay safe. I'm thinking of ya

Jenny x

Hi Christine, good for you for getting up and getting things done around the house...I hope once you have finished your cleaning you can relax and enjoy your book. xx

Take it easy. Don't push yourself too hard, that could be too stressful for you. Just take it easy and go at your own pace. You don't need to do everything all at once. xx

oh well did a bit boy its hard being postive when you are dead inside realised thats what wrong with me today

good for u girl. That has given me the energy to clean my room n the unit i am n because its a tip haha

Archived