Mental Health Forums

Aripiprazole/abilify

lauraw2693

Just wondering what people's experiences of it are? Just started it alongside Clomipramine, Propanalol, Diazepam (prn) & Zopiclone (prn). I've been told to take it in the morning but think its making me really sleepy, the last two days I've had to go for a nap early afternoon, usually try not to nap in the day. Is there any reason it can't be taken at night? Thanks :)

have been on about 8 weeks hun, it makes me agitated sometimes, but cos take quietiapine during day which makes me tired not sure if abilify does or not hun sorry

i take mine of a nite cause it makes me drowsy if i take it off a morn, i find i get agitated now if i miss a dose x

Yeah my psych said about taking diazepam with it to start with as it can make you agitated.. Wonder why he said take it in the morning, I'll ask my cpn tomorrow if I can change it to the evening I think. Thanks for your replies :) xxx

it can be taken at night perhaps speak to your c p n about switching the time when u take it, also the valium may be making you sleepy to as its used as0a sleep ade as well as a relaxent.

Does it make you sleepy a few hours after taking it Cad?

Thanks Maddy, I will ask her tomorrow I think.. its not the valium doing it because I haven't taken any for a few days I don't think.

xxx

Same. I now take mine at night, was falling asleep by mid morning. My psych said I could take it at night so it's safe to.xxx

I was on it for maybe two months. It gave me SEVERE akathisia (muscle restlessness) and I had to come off it. I wanted to crawl out of my own skin.

But that started almost immediately after I started it....like within a few days. And it's not that common a side effect so I wouldn't worry. This was just my own personal experience and I'm prone to the weird side effects from meds.

Thanks for the replies, only on day 5 so will see what happens - cpn said give it a week or two for the sleepiness to wear off then try it at night instead if I want. Is it meant to work straight away? :worried_anim: xxx

mine took a few weeks to kick in, but i was takin them for about a month of a morn before i changed to nite's i still feel a bit drowsy of a morn if i take them too late of a nite, i like to take them around 7pm x

My abilify worked straight away, literally. Mornings are terrible like Tray said if taken too late It does cause severe sleepiness.

The reason I asked if you had been dx psychotic the other day is because the an anti psychotic can calm you but if you haven't got psychosis I am not sure what it can do? Sorry could be wrong there? Maybe that's why you feel it's not working. The DID I think is fixed by therapy, mine was bought very much back to just one or two personalities by my CAT therapist.

Correct me if I am wrong...just going by something my therapist said the other day, not sure whether to put in case it triggers you xxx

Thanks, I will see how they go for a week or so, I don't think they're doing anything yet but I'll give them a bit more of a chance.

Don't think you'll trigger me lovely don't worry, my psych said it could help with agitation/anxiety instead of too much diazepam. That's great your therapy's working so well hun, my numbers seem to be increasing not decreasing :eh:

xxx

Archived