Mental Health Forums

Chocolate Addiction Must Be Stopped Now.

imdebbiem

Most of my binges consist of large quantitys of chocolate so therefore for the hundredth time I am going to give a good shot at stopping eating chocolate altogether.

This is going to be really hard and will include lots of ill feelings and mood swings and I have armed myself with strong headache tablets ready for the caffiene withdrawal.

I have got lots of fruit to try and quash the sweet cravings.

I have also tended to eat lots of chocolate when stressed.

What I find helps is to buy a bar of good quality dark chocolate and have one or two squares a day, and it lasts a week. I ration myself quite strictly.

Dried fruit are good. :) When I gave up chocolate for Lent 2 years running I found that a great, healthy substitute.

I so relate to you Debbie, Lately I can't stop eating chocolate I need to stop too but I can't help myself, Wispa's are my weakness.

i used to stockpile them under the bed, i used to feel so ashamed looking at the bag of empty packets. xx

Yeah I'm really bad with this at present as well... getting fat, can tell my skin is stretching, and my skin is really horrible with acne :-( Urghhhh!! Can't stop. Craving it even when I feel sick :'-(

It's horrible. Hope you manage to stop. xx

mine is cheese rather than chocolate. i wish the weight would be less picky about where it decided to put itself. my belly revolts me.

• 3 months later...

Understand... I have a weird chocolate habit.. I never eat a whole bar.. only the chocolate offthe outside of milky way or crunchie or similar. But I can do a whole packet like this.. therefore eating loads.. not good. But how on earth can you give up chocolate.. just stop I supose but that's easier said than done! I'm going to try though.. will report back!

Archived