Mental Health Forums

Hello

PorcelainLife

Hi there.

I was referred to this site by the facilitator of a support group I attend.

A little about me: I'm 35 and female. I am diagnosed with Bipolar I and Panic Disorder. I have a very long history of SI and trama issues that I won't go into. I also have assorted physical health issues and currently on disability. I live with my boyfriend, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and we have his daughter with us for half of each week.

I'm a big comic book and horror geek. I craft a lot. I'm very musical and have decided that I now want to learn to play the guitar. I played the piano for twenty years and a few other instruments as well.

I listen to a very wide range of music from Tool and Ministry to Tori Amos and Rasputina. I wear a lot of black, am pierced and tattooed.

I read A LOT (what else are you gonna do when you don't work?) :)

I'm glad to have found this place and hope to find some help and some new friends here.

Hi PorcelainLife - fab username!!

like Abster says, I hope that you find this place as supportive as I have!

yeah another musical person :) i have been playing piano for 24 years i started when i was 3. I play harp to and have done that for 21 years i started that when i was 5 i also play tin whistles and jembé and i am totally blind. Looking forward to getting to know u better. Maddy x

Welcome (((PorcelainLife))).x These forums are wonderful and hope you find them as helpful as I have. I'm a muso too.xx Just hoping to find my spark again!

@Maddy

It's from a Rasputina song called "This, My Porcelain Life". AMAZING song. You should check it out on youtube or something.

@Pickle59

What do you play?

is that the same band that sung favorite drug

No, not as far as I know.

I did post a video of the song in the "How did you get your username" thread. It cuts out early but it gives you most of the song and an idea of the band itself

i play harp piano tin whistle and jembé! And i sing to

That's so cool....I love the harp!! And I totally envy people who can sing. I have perfect pitch but my voice is just awful to listen to. I have a hand drum but no circle to take it to......

Hello and welcome!

I presume WNYS stands for Western New York State? I've always wanted to go to Niagara Falls.

Hi terrymac!

Data - yup, it's Western NY State. I'm about 45 minutes from the falls. But I've only lived out here about two and a half years and haven't made it out to the falls yet. It is on my to-do list for this summer though.

(((porcelainlife))), violin mainly, viola if you twist my arm and piano.x

That's awesome. Violin always struck me as being really really hard to play.

do u play mandalin at all? Its the same tuning as a fiddle but u can get beautiful 5th's out of it...

do u play mandalin at all? Its the same tuning as a fiddle but u can get beautiful 5th's out of it...

I thought about buying one but I've heard that they are super hard to play.

I just ordered a learner's guitar, tuner, and teaching book on amazon yesterday. SUPER excited!

Archived