Mental Health Forums

Great Meeting With Cpn And Hsw

catsmother21

My CPN has just been round and we had a really good meeting. We talked in more detail about the OD the other Sunday and I feel better for talking about it.

She also brought my new Health Support Worker to meet me and she seems really lovely and she is the one that is going to help me to get to the Craft Group that I was talking about at the beginning of the year. We are going 2 weeks today for the first time. She is going to come on the bus with me until I feel more comfortable about being in an area of the city that I don't know on my own and help me to settle into the group.

I am scared about going because I have cut myself off from everyone in real life apart from my brother and his family and my friend in London. I worry that people won't like me when I get there and that I won't fit in. It is a few years since I have really interacted with people in real life in a proper way not just talking to the person on the checkout or chatting with someone at a bus stop who I know doesn't know me and am very unlikely to see again. Whereas, with this group I will be seeing people on a weekly basis but it will help that it is focused on doing craft and not on MH although it is a group for people with MH problems.

At the moment, I don't intend to become friendly with anyone away from the group but you never know I might make one friend eventually.

Even though I only met my HSW today, she had a very calm air about her and I felt comfortable with her from the start. She may only have to support me for a couple of weeks or it may take longer than that but she is here for as long as I need her.

Doing this is also a good stepping stone to moving to London in that I will, hopefully, be better at interacting with people in real life and will then be able to make more friends when I finally get moved.

So, yes, feel scared but kinda looking forward to it to.

Will let you know how it goes and will post pics of the crafty stuff that I make, although, don't expect anything too spectacular. Although, I love doing it, I'm not that good but I know I will really enjoy it :)

cool sounds really fab

so glad u get on with new hsw, she sounds nice

small steps but big leaps

look forward to seeing your crafty work when its done

jay

I'm sure you'll fit in and everyone will love you, your a fantastic person :)

Glad your meeting went well and you've come away thinking positive,

Good to have your crafts nice to have something you can do that you enjoy.

*hugs*

I am really pleased to read that you have found a way to push this forward and get support to make it happen. I think it says a lot about your skills to accomplish what you set your mind to, despite everything going on in your head and the confusion that is often the outside world.

love to you,

Sah

Archived