Mental Health Forums

Views On Therapeutic Communities

shadow8

I have found being in a TC very hard and I do see how it can have the potential to help but I think it depends on a lot of factors as to whether it will help you. Depends what your 121 is like and how they approach helping you and even if you get on with them. Depends on what the TC policies are and the way they inforce them. Depends on the other people who attend the same time you are there.

Sorry this is just a bit of a rant but what are other people's experiences of TC's?

((((shadow)))) nice to see you xx

basically agree with all of above

+

often feels inconsistent between staff and/or members

difficult with inconsistent attendance (self included)

struggle with always feeling the needs of others are FAR greater therefore should not attend

struggle with feeling like we are constantly havng to turn things on/off depending on which day/time it is

hmmmmmmmmm

and the constant frustration with going v the terror of losing it

(ed. it is not called a TC)

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah its good to see you as well.

Yeah I feel like even though I turn up what I say doesnt really matter and other people have been through worse than me so. I think the theory is a good idea but in practice it doesnt seem to work for me but does work for some people. I feel really disappointed with how it has gone there really but know I will also find it so hard when I have to leave.

I am in a TC and I can relate to the negitives, I feel it does help me though. I see it as my beginning of recovery rather than the end of it.

I find the strictness of time boundaries annoying and upsetting.

Archived