Mental Health Forums

I Hate This.

ILostHer

I had anaphylaxis shock (can't spell it) on Sunday and they took me in and put me on steroids and the fluid retention has made me put on 4 lbs which might not seem like much but to someone with an Ed it is. I also have my new meds which have taken me out of withdrawal which made me stop losing weight.

I just went to the chemist to get water tablets and diet pills and they wouldn't sell me either, they said they had no water tablets and that she would not sell me the diet pills but I hate this.

I am used to being in the underweight bmi range and I don't know what to do.

The stupid thing is that I eat so little but all these drugs won't let me lose weight.

What should I do? Be happy that I have put weight on or strive to get lower again? I know what I will do really but all the drugs are against me, and I am so tempted to buy shit loads of stuff off the internet.

Anyway, I hate it, pointless post but needed to say it.

What can I do that is healthy to lose this water weight and counteract the drugs? I'm asking for a healthy way so it's not asking for tips. I don't think so anyway? Sorry if it is. I need to be my low weight again.

4lbs versus you dying in an horrific way,leaving your child motherless. Surely it's a small and temporary price to pay. Come on ILH,don't stress about it. The weight will go. You are very thin and very beautiful. xxx

ILH please don't buy anything off the internet as they are dangerous, As for weight gain I understand as I so hate gaining weight too but you are likely lose it if you are unsure talk to your doc.xxxx

4lbs versus you dying in an horrific way,leaving your child motherless. Surely it's a small and temporary price to pay. Come on ILH,don't stress about it. The weight will go. You are very thin and very beautiful. xxx

Ok, that woke me up a bit. Just proves how an ED can twist ones mind to being quite irrational. Thanks EH. xxx

I will speak to my psych about the weight gain but not about the steroid gain and see what he says. I have asked him a million times before but I am obsessed with this and he doesn't seem to want to give me anything.

Thanks everybody xx

ILH- I hope my comment hasn't upset you too much. I'm sorry if it seemed harsh.I just wanted to try to shift your focus. Hope you're doing ok today. xxx

I get you so much, 4lbs is such a big amount, especially when you are short like we are. If your tall, 4lbs, you just don't notice, but that to us, is the difference between tight and loose clothing. I want to say that you need to eat, because are so thin, and you need the food, but I also know that I think the same as you, so saying it would be taking the piss.

So how about, we lose the 4lb together, but we eat in the process, but make sure we eat well and sensibly, and lose it that way?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have lost the 4lbs, was just water weight and now back to being unable to eat. Just tried to eat because I need to but it makes me ill.

It's hard with eds because when something makes you put weight on it's horrible, the lack of control but when that factor goes and the ed then takes control again it's scary because there again is no control. I'm not in control. But in a sick and twisted way this is what I prefer out of the two.

I can feel all of it going wrong again and that is a scary feeling, not just with the ed but with the rest too. But I have to pretend for so many people, it's hard and exhausting. Sorry wrote too much.xxx

Archived