Mental Health Forums

F60.31 - Anyone Else With This Diagnosies?

Lois_Lane

That's Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, Borderline type. :)

I don't have it, or, am not diagnosed with it officially. Just letting people know what the ICD-10 code means.

Yes, that's Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (Borderline Type). which is from the ICD-10 - International Statistical Classification of Diseases and related health problems.

In the DSM - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. F60.31 is Borderline Personality Disorder.

Two different Diagnostic Manuals. Two Different names. Which basically mean the same thing.

Hope this helps.

Aurora :)

F60.31- emotional ... - borderline type

F60.30 emotional...... -impuisive type

really bothin laymans terms are bpd one just identifies a bigger risk of impulsive behaviour.

There's two subtypes listed in the ICD-10, under F60.3.

F60.31, Which is Borderline Type and F60.30, which is Impulsive Type.

International Classification of Disease

The World Health Organization's ICD-10 defines a conceptually similar disorder to borderline personality disorder called (F60.3) Emotionally unstable personality disorder. It has two subtypes described below.[25]

F60.30 Impulsive type

At least three of the following must be present, one of which must be (2):

1. marked tendency to act unexpectedly and without consideration of the consequences;
  2. marked tendency to quarrelsome behaviour and to conflicts with others, especially when impulsive acts are thwarted or criticized;
  3. liability to outbursts of anger or violence, with inability to control the resulting behavioural explosions;
  4. difficulty in maintaining any course of action that offers no immediate reward;
  5. unstable and capricious mood.

F60.31 Borderline type

At least three of the symptoms mentioned in F60.30 Impulsive type must be present [see above], with at least two of the following in addition:

1. disturbances in and uncertainty about self-image, aims, and internal preferences;
  2. liability to become involved in intense and unstable relationships, often leading to emotional crisis;
  3. excessive efforts to avoid abandonment;
  4. recurrent threats or acts of self-harm;
  5. chronic feelings of emptiness.
  6. demonstrates impulsive behavior, e.g., speeding, substance abuse [26]

The ICD-10 also describes some general criteria that define what is considered a personality disorder.

http://en.wikipedia....nality_disorder

I'm a wondering what happens when someone actually has a marked tendency towards both, maybe at different times [due to a past with multiple traumas, for example]. How do they classify that then, being as C-PTSD isn't 'officially sanctioned...? [which sucks, but]

badly... but no worse than before... it will get better - at least it better had

at least it has not been as bad as cptsd therapy which made things worse before they got better (at least that's the theory - ran out of sessions before treatment finished

oh.i just hate labels

does.it really mater

ive got.this ive got that

blah blah blah

im no label anymore

since started.with.humanistic therapist - he hates labels too. says im a person not a label.

im not getting at anyone i just cant stand silly nilly labels

just my opinion folks

Hey, we are open to discuss every thought here... I hate labeling, too. I don't want to read much about diagnosies. tho sometimes is very tempting but I know onw thing for sure. With my therapist, nothing can stop me get better. :) I just wandered, because I got really better in a short period of time, still comeping with lots of things ofc, but I just want to tell everyone that it DOES get better and it WILL! If you really want that and find a really good therapist, you can have a "normal" (whatever you concider normal :) ) life

I'm a wondering what happens when someone actually has a marked tendency towards both, maybe at different times [due to a past with multiple traumas, for example]. How do they classify that then, being as C-PTSD isn't 'officially sanctioned...? [which sucks, but]

I think it depends on the Psychiatrist and also how the Patient presents themselves (i.e. History, Symptoms, Which symptoms are affecting the Patients life more).

They may get a single diagnosis of BPD or a diagnosis of EUPD (Both Impulsive and Borderline) Or one of the subtypes of EUPD depending on which symptoms are worse.

Aurora :)

All i know is i have BPD and have the emotional aswell as impulsive. I was diagnosed 20yrs ago but only really knew 10yrs ago.

Wish I could have a diagnosis, as I'm sure there is something wrong... it's not just a depression that I've had for the last 10 years, I keep going around in circles, ending up in the same place, same problems... stupidness... I'm sure there's a reason... either that or I don't know :-(

bpd

yes

prob borderline type

also 4 other pd's attached

first dx very unofficially aged 44

officially dx last aug. aged 47

up till then?

just a miserable cow who made a fuss and made everything bad !!

so a label can help

IF WE CAN ACCEPT IT !!!!????!!!!????!!!!????!!!!????

The way I see it is that we're lucky to have a list of things to be able to work with, not everyone gets that chance in life...so you hit 7 criteria, you knock them off one by one and then you're OK? - I dunno, but it gives me something to focus my energy on which isn't otherwise spent using every day in a long and tedious game of "how fast can I destroy myself and everyone else around me?"...

I think for me in terms of measure, I refer to the recovery time...back when I was 22 an episode could last the best part of a year...now it depends on severity, but my bounce back rate is definitely faster.

Wish I could have a diagnosis, as I'm sure there is something wrong... it's not just a depression that I've had for the last 10 years, I keep going around in circles, ending up in the same place, same problems... stupidness... I'm sure there's a reason... either that or I don't know :-(

Did you go to the therapist?

Archived