Mental Health Forums

Laxatives

Tray

i have started using them again, only 4 days a week, when im not at work the next day, but taking two at a time before my tea, but last nite i took more, i want to lose weight, i am really overweight now, but i cant seem to shift it.

i either dont eat, or i binge, once i start eatin i cant stop...

I can relate to this Tray, I too have started to abuse them as am unhappy with my weight. I am also dieting so just trying to attack from all angles (well I could up my exercise levels).

Take care hun and be careful.

xx

Hi trray, i used to abuse laxatives also. I know now that me taking them was a waste of time. The time the laxative takes is that ur small bowl has absorbed the fat ect. What u are losing is fluid. Again i know what its like to be hooked on these, but it does just cause u more probs than its worth hun. Also it will cause more of a mineral and chemical prob in long run.

Really sry u feel ur needing to do this. xxx huggles

Hi trray, i used to abuse laxatives also. I know now that me taking them was a waste of time. The time the laxative takes is that ur small bowl has absorbed the fat ect. What u are losing is fluid. Again i know what its like to be hooked on these, but it does just cause u more probs than its worth hun. Also it will cause more of a mineral and chemical prob in long run.

Really sry u feel ur needing to do this. xxx huggles

Have to agree with the above. I have lost more weight since stopping taking them then when I took them.

My food is still very controlled and I tend to eat the same thing day in day out but if it takes away those nasty niggles that turn into bad thoughts then that's what I must do.

We're all different and cope with things differently but I found writing down everything that passed my lips helped me cut them out completely. There became no need because I could see I'd had nothing "bad", the other thing I did was get a pedometer. That helped with my rational thinking being able to see that input v's output was good.

I really hope you can nip this in the bud, sending you hugs

DD x

thanks, i guess i need to feel empty of food to feel ok, i really need to do something about my weight x

i used to abuse laxatives

but they did nothing except i got hooked on them and was hard to stop taking them

im ok now tho.

hope u can.find safer ways

• 1 month later...

Tray i can totally relate to you. i HATE the feeling of food in my stomach it sends me into a panic but once i start i cant stop an i HATE it!!!! Im sick of battling with starvation, binging an purging or jus overeating :( If u want to chat to me feel free xx

i havnt :(

i take them to feel empty but i have stopped again now cause im working everday so cant risk the chance of accidents iykwim

i really need to lose weight thou but its not coming off no matter wht i do x

i dont have the motivation at the min to do anything i feel so crap all the while i am so tired all the while i could sleep all day and still be tired im going to visit the dr next week and get a check up done, its been going on for too long now x

So sorry to hear that you are using the Laxatives.

You probably already know this and are probably sick of people saying this but the weight you will lose on Laxatives is water, the water weight would return as soon as you stop the laxatives. Also regular use of laxatives can make you feel really run down physically and long term use can cause long term problems with bowel movements.

Sorry for the mini lecture lol, I used to take lots of laxatives most days for a few years and I suffer with long bouts of constipation, piles, bloat to this day as a result of that time. :( .

I really hope you can find a more healthy way to lose weight Tray, perhaps join a gym if you can or find healthier things to snack on.

:hug2:

Hey, slightly off topic - but I think you look pretty and not overweight, but I guess if you feel uncomfortable with your weight, I understand it... I've bought myself a set of scales to try to motivate myself to check more regularly and to monitor my food, although I ate too much tonight :-(

Just googled Wednesbury, as I thought you'd made the name up cos you liked Wednesdays... but it's a real place! Awesome :-)

xx

know the feeling of wanting to be empty :/

i went to the doctors the other day because i have problems going the loo - she basically said ive fucked up my bowel from abusing them - i didnt even tell her i had abused them, she asked me :/

so ye, anyone who can get out of using them now, have a go :/

Totally can relate and fel for you hun, I used to take like 20 or more at a time at one point, also tried water retention tabs etc.. Its so hard not to, I slipped up too recently and bought a packet and took 6.(not too bad compared to before) but its so hard to not.

I find it really hard when I cant be in charge of what I eat too, Its difficult when people are always saying you dont need to lose weight, and because it effects other people when your fussy so you end up having something you dont want and makes you feel bad. Ive found recently ive got used to this and now put in a ton of weight, i didnt even realise how much until I saw a picture of myself. For me, I want to lse it sensibly by detoxing for a few weeks and getting back into eating less and more healthily but its when Its difficult to do this due to inconveniencing other people when I feel the need for laxatives. Its also complicated for me because I take them because I like the burning feeling in my stomach not always for weight reasons.

Ive rambled, anyhow. I wanted to say youcan lose it sensibly, Im telling you and myself at the same time! We don't need them, we just need support!

XX

thanks hun,yea i like the feeling off being empty at times but then on the flip side i like the feeling of being full sometimes it all depends on my moods, i hate being bpd at times like this x

• 4 weeks later...

Laxatives dont make you loose weight ,they just make your food come out of your body fast all of the calories of your food has alredy been stored in your body. So Laxtives dont make you loose weight they just make you go to the toliet a lot more. Why dont you try losing weight the healthy way by eating healthy foods and by exercsing ,you will be much healthier and you will feel a lot better in yourself trust me.

Archived