Mental Health Forums

Cipramil Side Effects

Abster

I've now been on 10mg Cipramil for about 10 days. My GP said my anxiety would feel worse initially but it feels a lot worse that I thought.

I am having lots of serious anxiety attacks where I feel like I am going dizzy and i cant process anything Im thinking. i also feel like I have a tremor although it isn't visible.

I felt so bad yesterday that I SH. I havent done this for ages and feel like I've let my self down badly.

Has anyone else experienced this on Cipramil and did these symptoms ease. I'm prepared to put up with them in the short term if I know that i will get long term benefit but need to know it will get easier.

Any views greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Abster xx

(((Abster))),

I know it took a lot for you to go to Docs and this prescribing is what has come out of it. Keep close to your GP who prescribed and tell them exactly what you have told us here, especially in the light of the fact that you haven't SH for ages and since being on Cipramil you have and also the other feelings you describe.

It is possible that it might not be the right meds for you, but one thing I do know is that apparently you need to give at least a month for new medication to do its thing, but of course this also depends on how we all individually react.

The sertraline I was put on makes me feel flat and detached, also invisibly trembly and that is after 3 weeks. I have talked to psych today about this and also my GP and the meds are going to be reviewed during and after my therapy.

I hope this helps a little, but please talk to the person who prescribed about what is happening and how you are feeling and what you are doing.x

Hugs from here.x

Thanks pickle.

I know when I was on seroxat a few years ago it didn't agree with me. My GP did say this was in the same family but wanted me to give it a go. She only works weds- fri so I'll see how I feel later in the week.

I don't want to be messing about changing meds if it's just that I haven't given this one long enough to get into my system. Having said that I got scared by just how awful I felt at the weekend.

Glad your meds are being reviewed.

Onwards and upwards for us both huh!!

Xxx

Archived