Mental Health Forums

Change In Meds Again... So Exhausted...

AppleCrumble

Only started the mirtazapine about a month ago, and it's made me binge like anything, and go back to before any kind of recovery began when it came to mood swings, temper, intense anger, impulsivity etc... so I'm off it, took it last night, and then I've been given Sertraline.

I requested to see a different GP (which apparently never happens as they don't usual allow it, it's not 'normal'...) the new one was really nice, although I'll have to see my usual GP in future.

Got a change to Sertraline, not sure whether to take it morning or night... when is most effective and when is less side effects? Not sure if I'm supposed to wait a bit before changing either... oh well...

Waiting to see a Primary Mental Health Care practitioner in a couple of weeks time (couldn't take the one I was offered so waiting for a new appointment to come through the post). Going to write down things which have been issued as I seem to never remember when put on the spot. Also getting a blood test to see if I'm deficient in anything or to see if my thyroid is a bit iffy... I doubt it is, but it's good to check for any other types of reason for things...

Anyone had Sertraline before? Not sure if SSRIs help as citalopram stopped working eventually and fluoxetine just made me giggle a lot when I had alcohol, but otherwise no positive effects. Trazodone was most efficient until it gave up, and the mirtazapine prob lifted the suicidal feelings a bit, but otherwise not much help... :/

So stressed at present and just feel heavy and tired and like everything takes so much effort. I'm getting behind at work, I feel like i'm not getting anything done, as I'm too tired, and don't have enough energy or strength to try things.... :-( Can't really tell people at work, although I did start crying/welling up and needed tissues in our meeting on Tuesday as we were discussing the workplace bully which had upset me (he'd upset others as well) - but the strong people's advice was to grin and bear it and make it into a joke... something I'm no good with :-( He has mood swings (the workplace bully) and can be bearable one minute and then be mean, and bossy and demanding and make you feel small the next... he does it relating to work things, so it's hard to pinpoint him being offensive, it's more his tone of voice etc... :-(

Hope everyone is okay

Yeah I am on Sertraline been on it for about 7 weeks now...the only difference I have noticed so far is that I am ever so slightly less anxious in social situations. The big side effect I have with it is insomnia.

I have also been on Trazodone and by far I think it was the best one for me when it came to tackling my anxiety but the 'spaced out' side effect I got from it has made the Doctor decide to change it. xx

i have been on that. I never reacted to it well iether... i had swets, shakes, couldnt sleep cause it gave me nightmares the list does go on... I use to take it n the morning but found my head felt numb so i took it at night in stead. Hope you have better luck than i did with it

Ah thanks... ah interesting about you having been on trazodone... it worked the best for me, nearest thing to normal I'd say... just shame about the heavy body and feeling like my BP is low (even though it wasn't) and the sleepiness... once you get over the initial few weeks it is pretty good... it stopped working for me unfortunately...

Not sure SSRIs work with me really... but I'll give this a go... just wish things would work sooner as I've got uni work that I'm getting behind on... and with arranging lots of activities for me to keep busy with, I need to have the motivation to actually keep the promises of what I'd do... :/

Really want to see that GP I saw again, he seemed so nice! Might see if he loses a few pateints (knock a few off maybe :P) then I could move over to him... xx

I still have a bit of trazodone left over, and some mirtazapine (I paid for it so I'm not chucking it out lol!) might come in handy :/ I kind of want to experiment a bit and see if I can get anything to work as a combination... :/ will give this a try by itself for a bit anyway, what dose are you on? xx

that workplace bully you talk about is the reason i don't want to leave the house every day, grr people make me cross *flicks the elstic band around wrist* :mellow:

There always seems to be one person in every workplace I've been in who makes my life a bit less bearable... It's a difficult issue the bloke, is knowledgeable, but very unhelpful, doesn't carry out the tastes he should... :/ he just nags, and he reminds me of my dad... controlling - nag nag, do this now... and i asked you do to this, why havent you done it, it was urgent... (it totally wasnt urgent, he just was pissed off i hadnt done what he was asked) i was doing stuff that was much more urgent... :/ he's always telling me off, which i didnt deserve... :-( stuff that he is nit picky about which isn't important in the grand scheme of things, and when you ask a question so that you dont make a mistake and do it wrong - he replies in a stupid tone of voice that makes me sound stupid :-( I get sooo embarrassed when he behaves like he does in public, i went bright red last time, and was just seething for ages :-( xxx

my college tutor sounds like that, nit picking, making me feel stupid but i try not to take it personally because hes like it with everyone. im in my last couple of weeks and its taking all my effort not to smack him over the head with something heavy :P

Yeah lol I was wanting to wreck his experiment, but I managed to not do so, thankfully lol! and thankfully i didnt walk past him that day, and managed to not talk to him at hte end of the week either otherwise I'd have wanted to punch him xx

Crumble I'm sorry you're having a crappy time. Work is hard enough without the stress that med-changing can bring too.

Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived