Mental Health Forums

To Joshua Cole, Lily And Staff.

Jess1090

I was looking at the amount of posts made here, do you think that for each post made it could have prevented someone harming themselves? Not all posts are about asking for help but even if you took half of the posts made. Do you consider how much you have helped people? Does helping people here ( I ask this specifically because you don't meet the people) help you?

How did this website start?

Just an idea but perhaps it would be good to have a piece somewhere about how this website started, what's the story behind it?

Josh started it way before I joined so if he wants to he can tell that story.

Thank you for your very kind words!! Helping people for me feels like what I was born to do,its my passion. It helps me in ways but is also hard in ways.

I applied and Josh took me on. 5 years ago now.

I have no idea how many people Ive really helped. People rarely come back to let us know if we where helpful and if so how.

The forum itself I believe has been a life saver for many. Josh saw a great need and so set it up.

i agree with you both - this site is a lifesaver, and also impoves the quality of life for many.

i am incredibly grateful to joshua for setting up and to people like you lily who make the day to day effort to make it work.

I'd like to say thank you to Josh, Lily and all the team, but also to all the members, as the site wouldn't be anything without you all xxxx

Have been here just a few days, but would like to say this.... Have been on other support sites before and this for me personally seems the most understanding one I have visited. Yes I know I have not posted an introduction yet. Reason being I am not ready. I will do.

Thank you for being there everyone ^_^

E.B

Here's a piece from BPDworld.org

BPDWORLD was founded and created by Joshua Cole in March 2003. Joshua felt that there was very little specific support in respect of those with a diagnosis of personality disorder. Not only in the real world but also that of the Internet. Of cause there were many websites that supported those with the better-known conditions like depression etc but nothing that could help those that face the chaos and uncertainty of living with personality disorder.

Joshua has always felt passionate about helping to support those who are disadvantaged in any way, and this has been reflected well in the paid and unpaid work he has done over the years. Once Joshua made the decision that something had to be done for those with personality disorder it didn’t take more than a couple of weeks for the first ever version of the site BPDWORLD to be created.

He has very big plans for BPDWORLD and with any luck these will all work out and what you see here will one day be the best support area for sufferers of mental health nationally and maybe even internationally. We have already achieved so much.

In October 2005 BPDWORLD became the first registered charity for people with borderline personality disorder in the UK

Find services near you

Couldnt have said it better myself. oh i did say it!

Thanks all, nice to be thought of.

Your all very welcome. There is some very great people around here...

Archived