Mental Health Forums

Got To Laugh Really...................

Pickle59

Well can you believe this?! :lol: I have to smile or even chuckle about it really if it wasn't so damn sad!

Had my second therapy session today, thinking and being told last week that I would have 12 weeks, an hour a go, before going on to trauma therapy (EMDF).

Upon leaving today, with a minute to go, he suddenly said to me, there's just one thing I need to say before we finish. We would like to propose this therapy now for up to a year!

Good job Ive been in relatively good mood most of the day and saw the funny and positive side of it.

HOWEVER

Do they think i'm really that F*******D up? :P (lol)

OR

Maybe the EMDF lady is taking a sabatical :lol:

Hi Christine, well this bit of it (the year bit of it) is psychodymanic stuffy! But maybe the year will include the trauma therapy too which is the (EMDF). Something to do with the eyes I think. No other info just yet.x Thank you for replying and yes I think you are right. I'm sure it is a good thing really.x

Hi, Pickle.

My psych has spoken to me about EMDR before. Something to do with eye movement and sounds. Have to finish CBT before I can be considered for that. I also used to see a counsellor. It was a 12 week programme (1hour per week.) I was told near the end if my counsellor believed that I needed more, can go to review to head of dept. A week or two before end of programme I recieved a letter offering me further support. Ended up seeing my councellor for a lil under five months.

To be offered that @ week two, can in no way be taken as a bad thing. I would take it as a positive.

I hope that it works for you.

((pickle))

E.B

Archived