Mental Health Forums

Had Such A Dark Day Despite The Sunshine

Pickle59

Aaaaagh, this has been one of the worst days I have had for a few weeks. Everything today has felt just too much to handle. I have been weaning off sertraline over this last week. Maybe this has got something to do with it, I don't know. Feel so crappy. Yesterday was a great day, really quite up, but today, blooming awful. been dragging myself from the minute I got up. Terrible headache too, can't get hold of people I need to get hold of, they not ringing back. AAAAgh, so frustrating and just not coping very well. Dark, dark, dark. Neighbour's are crashing about again and the banging and crashing is driving me nuts!! Going to make a cup of tea and drink a pint or two of water and maybe try and have an early night. Dreading tomorrow too in this mood. Got to work down on the coast, near Brighton. Got to be there by 3 to do a concert. when I took it on I was quite bright, but now I'm dreading it. Dreading the weather, all the people, all the traffic, the heat. Just want to curl up in a ball and shut this horrible lowness out. AAaaagh again. Not like me to have a moan, but such a bad day.

Thanks for reading & hope everyone as ok as can be.x Pickle

sorry to hear you're having a bad day. the sunshine actually makes me more irritable sometimes! I can empathise as ive not being feeling brilliantly for a few days now, feel like its getting worse every day. Any way, hope you feel a bit better soon.

Chin up hun and don't work too hard x

(((pickle)))

Sorry you're having such a hard time. Tomorrow is another day and i hope it feels more like yesterday than today. Are you able to break everything you have to do down into small chunks so you just have to get through one thing at a time rather than worrying about it all? Sometimes this helps me.

And having a moan is fine. We all do it from time to time and if you can do it here, where can you?

Xxxx

Hope your feeling a bit better? I was feeling awful this morning, exactly the same as you.

Everything was getting too much, but I forced myself to leave the house and go and get a pedicure

It took my mind off things and I'm feeling better now

It's a shame I haven't found a free way of felling better though :-/

It's nice your going to be at the beach! And a concert lol your getting paid for a day out almost...try to see it as that.

I know exactly how you feel though, I work for a company called creative events. They send me all over the place to staff concerts and events and I always say yes when I'm happy then nearer the day my mood has gotten so bad

But I try and force myself to go.

Everything seems bad now, but bring a book or a mp3 player on the train and try to relax (if you can get a seat that is lol) and a bottle of water!

maybe you could try and get to Brighton a bit earlier at around 1 then you can go and sit on the beach for a while to free your head before work?

Anytime I'm near water I calm down so quickly...looking out over waves has a very beautiful feeling to it.

I'm sorry your feeling down, it's horrible.

But you will begin to cheer up slowly..

As for tonight I'd recommend you have an early night or just snuggle up on the sofa and watch tv.

That's what I'm planning to do anyway lol

Oh and keep posting! :) x

thank you all so much for coming back, you are all amazingly wonderful and so understanding and supportive.xx Still feeling really heavy. Just wanted to say thank you and your replies are so much appreciated. Mmm, am I repeating myself? (((fjobling))) Sorry your having a bad few days, I hope you feel better soon too.x If I don't keep my chin up I won't be able to get me fiddle under it tomorrow (lol).x (((Abster))), Yes, break things down into small bite size pieces, I have been trying my best to do that today as best as I am able, but doesn't come easy as I think you know when on a real downer. EVERYTHING feels so overwhelming and difficult. I feel like breaking a few other things into smitherines too, but know this is not healthy and will regret it!! (((tan19))) Oh a pedicure, I haven't had one of those for years. I'm glad it helped to brighten your day, sorry about it lightening your purse though. A very good suggestion to get there early. I'm going to be driving, so will leave especially early, get a parking space, get myself settled and find a place on the beach for a wee while. I will look forward to that. I shouldn't complain really, it is such a privilege to do what I do, but in this mood, which I find so hard to hide these days (my F.I.N.E act), seems to fail me of late, it is exhausting just thinking about it letting alone doing. I hope tomorrow will be a better start and a better mood for me.x Hugs to you all.xxx

I understand completely about putting on a brave face

It seems I wear my fake face more than my real one these days lol

It's easier to say "I'm ok" then risk seeming negative etc to everyone.

But I'm glad you can post here.

And yes! Its Even better that you drive lol no packed sweaty train to endure lol

I hope you have a nice day, and good luck at work

At least when you can get through tomorrow (which you will) you can look back and be proud because you didn't let your mood take over your whole day x

Sry never responded a little sooner.

Why are u coming off sertraline? have they not told u to ween urself off it? You cant just come straight off these kinds of drugs. It has to be slowly, as i found out with a diffrent anti depressant which took 6months or more to get off it.

SSry your feeling so bad hun, i can say though it can get better, keep intouch with ur doctor in how ur feeling coming off this stuff hun.

(((Barbones))), no worries ((BB)), it is lovely of you to respond.x Re Sertraline. I am in close contact with my Doctor about this, and he suggested a way to come off it, like every other day, then every two days etc etc. I'ts just that I had my assessment and my first therapy session whilst taking sertraline and I felt so flat and unresponsive. My second therapy session I had started weaning off and felt like I was able to participate more. Am just going to see how it goes off it for a while, so can get the most out of therapy. Only possible trouble is, is the high's and lows are extreme, off it. The drugs certainly flattened this out, and its great when mood punchy and energetic but awful when have days like Friday. Yesterday was better, but a bit dodge today and foggy. I hope this post makes sense. Haven't been up long so still surfacing if you know what I mean.x

(((tan19))), Thank you for thinkings re yesterday.x With the help of your suggestions and trying to focus on making it a positive day, it ended up being a nice positive day. Funny that! It didn't quite go to plan, as the M25 ended up being a car park for a couple of hours, so my beach experience had to be forgone. I'm exhausted today.Mind you didn't manage to get to sleep till gone 4.30.x .x Got home just after midnight, still on a bit of a high, but got the other extreme again today, (but nobody seeing or hearing this, except here). At least I was able to be professional yesterday and that is a good thing. It is the first time in a while i have gone to work and not broken down. How are you today tan?

Classical mainly, orchestral, bit of chamber, tv & pop & jingles.x x Saturday perked up, yesterday was dreadful, but today ok.x & (((hugs))) for you too.xx

Archived