Mental Health Forums

Dandelion Tea

walker

(posting in here as didnt know where it should go)

so

dandelion tea is apparantly a diuretic

bloody hope so

but its BLOODY DISGUSTING !!!!

no wonder body wants to get rid of it

had to add honey just to keep it in mouth

anyone else tried this?

Is dandilion in the same category as Devil Claws?

Are you trying to lose weight with diuretics?

dont know what devils claws is

no

trying to lose the weight that IS fluid

but also much more

legs/feet are swelling

this is not good

It is certainly no good.

My daughter had the same problem with her feet, overweight and water retention. Her feet and legs went better when she started to take zink supplement, and also Berocca (which also contains zinc)

If I try something new by the way, I only take a quarter of a tablet first, If it helps, it helps straight away, if you are allergic to it, there is a hope that you may survive...

Devil Claws are herbs, didn't help me much, though.

In terms of herbal teas and the like (something i learned from drinking green tea). Is to not stick the bag in the cup and pour hot water direcrly over it.

This tends to burn the leaves and give the tea a horrible bitter taste. The best way to do so is to pour hot water into a cup. let it cool a little then put the tea bag in and let it brew for a bit.

This may work the same with dandelion tea, but have never had it so have no idea what it tastes like. Also sometimes these teas are a required taste and take some getting used to, especially if you usually have hot drinks with milk and sugar. I used to put a bit of honey or lemon slices in my green tea, which tastes lovely but i also drink it without.

Aurora :)

will try that aurora - although box says pour water on as it is boiling

it really is the most foul stuff ever

i dont mind 'other' teas

love nettle and raspberry leaf

but this is something else

can still taste it after water / orange juice / salad

eugh

cant see me running out of this in a hurry !!

ok

forget it

not EVER going to have another cup

just tried to drink half a mug quickly

was nearly sick

it really is bloody foul

you have been warned !!

:lol:

I'll stay away from it.

There are other teas you can try. If i'm right i think the majority of teas are classed as diuretics.

Personally every time i have a cup, whatever it is, i want to pee excessively :blush02:

I often read that green tea can be used as a weight loss aid. I'm not sure whether that's to do with water retention or it can actually give your metabolism a slight boost.

I get swollen legs and feet in the hot weather which i absolutely hate. I find what helps me is the old school way of laying on you back with your legs up in the air (that sounds a bit naughty :P )

Aurora :)

Archived