Mental Health Forums

Getting On With Life

AmyP

my bf came over for the weekend. last night his sister text him saying their parents had a massive argument an she needed him to come home early sun morning instead of mon as planned. obviously i was disappointed and a bit upset as i'd been looking forward to seeing him for the weekend and we had plans, but for once i didn't let that affect me. a while ago if this had happened it would have resulted in me starting a massive argument accusing him of abandoning me and telling him he had to choose between me or them, screaming, yelling etc.

this time i was completely supportive. i listened to his worries, reassured him and made sure he knew i wasn't annoyed that he was leaving early.

it probably sounds small but to me its a big step, im proud that i did the right thing.

i've also been looking at getting a job with Mind, i really want to help raise awareness and help people in my city as the services are so bad.

an to top it off i rang around a few flats and put our names down to view them.

feel like im getting on with my life a bit more :)

It is a big achievement how you handled the situation with your boyfriend, well done for rationalizing it isn't an easy thing to do.

(((Pandora))), want to like, but run out!! sounds like a very well and healthy response.x Really proud of you.x

Archived