Mental Health Forums

Oh Dear Useless Me :-)

lucyloo

I only seem to come on here to moan and find support, I so sorry I haven't give back what I have gained.

Thought that I should let all of you good people know how life is right now, as without this forum, I may not have pushed through.

I was granted both lower rates for dla, am in the process of appealing, but they are doing a reconsideration for me. I would be happy with middle rate care, as I feel that accurately reflects my problems in day to day to life.

The little extra I have already is making such a difference to my state of mind, as I have less worry and stress, when I can afford to pay bills and eat. I have also bought a decent hoover, new iron and a lovely cd/radio for the kitchen, where I spend most of my time.

The hoover isn't new, it belonged to a friend and stopped working, so I gave it a good clean out and its like new, she was really pleased with the paper money I gave her, as I didn't think it was fair to just take it, as it only needed a bit of thought and effort to get it working properly.

My lovely brother has asked me to join him and the family on one of their yearly holidays abroad, it won't cost much as he has four children so has to rent a large apartment anyway. He usually goes for 3-4 weeks, which I would love. How the other half live! lol

My stressful son is back home, has been paying his way (by the skin of his teeth) is giving me a little each week towards when he didn't pay for food etc and is bidding on council properties, so should be housed this summer. All I wanted was him to be secure and safe, it seems my sacrifices have been worthwhile, its nearly over and he will have his own place. Will only be a studio flat, as I told him I can not wait another year, while he bids for flats or bungelows, which take much longer to get.

I have yet to be refused esa, which is another weight off my shoulders, although I do worry that it will happen.

So although I have been feeling low, things are actually improving :-)

L x

Glad you got awarded at least some DLA hope they put you on a higher rate soon,

Glad things are going better and you have some positives there.

keep smiling and remember we're here when you need, and you give back what you feel you can, nobody here keeps score.

*hugs*

Thank you, thats reassuring. I feel guilty sometimes that I don't always come on and help. Much of the time, Im just not able to communicate with anyone, even virtual people :competitive:

There are positives, although I don't always see them. If I tell everyone, perhaps they can remind me when I struggle lol

Have two and a half weeks to go before I hear if they up upping the rate without going to appeal. I hope they do, it would make such a difference to my mood and abilty to cope. I guess we are all in the same boat with that one though x

Archived