Mental Health Forums

Helped Someone Today

Tray

and it feels good. I had to go sign on and when i came out the jobcentre a woman was sat on the floor and asked me for help, she was steaming drunk she could hardly stand, she said she only lived around the corner, so being the nice person i am i took her home, she downed half a bottle of vodka on the way i couldnt stop her, then when we got her to her house she started gettin a bit between verbally abusive and passing out so i called an ambulance for her, it took 20 minutes to come by then she had gone to sleep but her breathing was dead shallow. the police came with the ambulance and they took over from me.

i couldnt leave her there alone the state she was in, she needed help, only hope she gets the help she needs, the next door neighbours said she is always drunk, poor woman

Well done. That woman needed someone to keep her safe, and you did that for her. You won't get any thanks but you do have the satisfaction that you have done the right thing.

That's such a nice thing for you to have done. Many would have walked on by because she was pissed.

I think it takes a courage to help someone who is that drunk and unpredictable. You did right, you should be very proud that you have the skill to know how to handle such a situation. Often times I don't think it is because people don't want to help, more that they feel at a total loss.

Totally agree, Sah, I think people feel embarrassed - they don't want others staring at them or they are scared of doing the wrong thing.

(((Tray))) Helping someone by doing the right thing when they are not capable of helping themselves to do the right thing is such a lovely and caring thing to do. Well done you, sounds like she was in a pretty bad way.x

thanks guys, i just hope shes ok now and thinks twice in the future, she could have been seriously hurt x

Archived