Mental Health Forums

Went The Docs....and....

Fanta

I have been having constant pain across my eyes for 4 days, I do suffer with migraine and I thought maybe it was that besides that I have been getting pains in my chest, Scary when I get them, Anyway I went to docs this morning and he said I have conjunctivitis so he has given me antibiotic eye drops. He was concerned about the pains in my chest when he listened to my chest, He gave me some spray to use when I get these pains and is also referring me to the heart clinic, He said if these pains get any worse is to go to a&e right away.

It is weird sometime ago I wouldn't care about this and about these pains but my kids mean everything to me.

I care about living now.xxxx

sorry to hear that it wasn't completely good news hun, am glad you gained insight into how you really feel about life though xx

hope you are feeling better soon Growly and you don't have to wait long to get your appointment. xx

(((GrowlyCat))). I saw your post in venting about this but couldn't reply. I'm so glad you went to the doctors. Is the spray for angina?

Good you got antibiotics for eyes. conjunctivitis can be so very painful. I know what you mean about all the times we haven't really cared about things like this in our past, but now is different, especially for you re your love for your kids. It is also good it is different now ,cos it means youv'e gone to get help! It's good you are being checked out further for the chest pain. I have angina, which was confirmed after loads of tests, cos they thought it was a bit more serious. Angina isn't great, but it is manageable. Sending you a huge hug.x Please try not to worry tooooo much, but if pains do get worse A&E is the place to go a.s.a.p. I hope the spray will help you though whilst you are waiting for appointment.x

well done for going to doctor - i'm glad they are taking you seriously. i had the same problem a while back and again on friday and thought the worst both times, but it turned out ok both times. hope it is the same for you. the spray is incredibly effective if it is the stuff you spray under your tongue, but is the quickest way to a headache i've ever come across.

Thanks everyone, The spray is for chest pain and it can be used for angina.

conjunctivitis is very painful indeed, I can't hardly move my head right now and I have had to dim the lights down on my laptop.

My doctor said I should receive an appointment within 2 weeks.xxxx

Hey Growly,

Glad you went to see your doc Sorry to hear about your chest pains. It's good that you have an appointment and hopefully can get some treatment if needed.

Great to hear how your kids mean everything and you care about living.

Pickle is right that if the pains worsen dont be afraid to go to A & E. Not knowing is sometimes the worse part.

Sounds like you are suffering so my kind to yourself and rest!

((Growlycat))

Oh Growly- I am so sorry. I have been so caught up in my own shit that i didn't see your topic until now. I had bad chest pain for days before i plucked up the courage to go to the doc. They did an ECG and all was clear. It ended up being costo-chondritis,but it has made me realise that you should ALWAYS get chest pain checked. Never hesitate or worry about being a nuisance. If you start feeling bad again,get yourself to A&E,even if it just turns out to be trapped burps! I love that it has made you re-evaluate life. Love you sweets. xxx

Thanks,My conjunctivitis is much better today, I have an introduction at group therapy this morning, I thought I was going to have to cancel as I felt pretty awful yesterday.xxx

I'm glad you feel a bit better today.

Hope the group therapy intro goes well. I'll be thinking of you when I'm at my group this afternoon,xx

• 2 weeks later...

Archived