Mental Health Forums

Had Letter From Doctor.

Dibley

I had a letter from my doctor today. He said he wants me to attend a day clinic at the hospital. He said to just turn up on the day said, and to try to stay as long as I can, full day if I can.

I haven't a clue what will happen, or why he wants me to go. He's never mentioned this before to me. My last therapy never worked, because I never spoke to the therapist. I knew I wouldn't, I didn't know who she knew, and I couldn't trust someone I am paranoid about.

The letter doesn't say its a new therapy, it's just one day. I don't understand.

Is there someone you can call or email to ask a little more about it? Do you have time to see the doctor beforehand so he can explain a little more?

It seems odd to explain so little about it. Why do mental health professionals DO stuff like that, that only adds to our stress?

I don't have to go until the 15th June, so I guess. The letter says absolutely nothing, just stressing that he hopes I will go.

It's made me paranoid because I don't know why, or whats going to happen. There is no name for me to ask for, just to turn up!

I would definitely make an appointment to see what kind of clinic it is.

It's unlikely to be anything sinister, far more likely to be doctor-based incompetence.

all clincs r different really.. i done impaitent stays n day center.. its to get u to do groups n have someone on hand if u need to talk to someone etc

if u can try it thats great n if u cant handle it aleast u tryed.. aslo good to meet people that may have the same problem too

xx

I know I said this earlier but I think it's for an assessment. I think it would be a good thing to go. But I agree that you should call for more information.

But then would more info put you off going? I think it's really important that you go xx

u really shud phone dr up and ask.wat its all about.

u cant go along to.something that u have no idea wat its about.

ring your dr up and ask to speak to him to clarify

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, yes I went. It was the strangest place I've ever been. It was just like a social room for mh people. There were no staff, just a big room, with a pool table, books, and a coffee machine. There was a sign outside that said 'support group', that was the only hint at what it was. I did stay about 2 and a half hours though. It was so pointless, I just don't know the reason behind it.

Thank you for asking though, really appreciate it, very kind of you.

xx

Archived