Mental Health Forums

I Think...

maddy harper

that i need to go on a moodstableisor cause my mood keeps going up n down all the time n i have no control over it . So my question is this, what is the best one and what r your experiences being on them like for u keep n mind my c p a s tomoro at three so any answers would be greatfully recieved

Hey

Sorry I haven't been online much, I've just been all over the place

I have seen your replies and thanks for taking time to care.

I'm currently on lamotragine, it's a mood stabiliser.

Ive been on it for about 4 months or 3

Tbh it can't give much feedback as I have a tendency to stop taking it when I get in a bad mood, so when I've just woken up for example.

I've never really taken it long enough consecutively for me to know if it works.

However the times I have taken it I do feel a lot more stable,

I seem to be able to last a day without going from ok to suicidal.

So I'd give it a go defiantly

But ask around and see if there's any others.

I don't get any side effects from it

My only problem is forcing myself to take it.

x

This is a hard one.

If your moods go down a lot and then to ok an anti d might be more suited.But if your moods are high/low a stabelizer might help.

What would be good for you depends on different factors and with these kind of meds its also a matter of trying what works for you.This cannot really be predicted as these meds have different levels of succes with different people.So I cant name one and say thats a good one for you.

You really need to dscuss this with a pdoc and then start trying out a med.

In general when you have BPD meds can sometimes help diminish symptoms but they do not preform miracles so keep that in mind.

Archived