Mental Health Forums

A Productive 24Hrs

BimoUK

Well, I didn't expect to find myself posting here for a long while, but here I am!

I've had a pretty productive and encouraging 24hrs.

Last night I started writing a journal. Not a mood diary as such, but a place to channel any bad thoughts or negative feelings that crop up during the day. I was going to use my iPad to do it, but opted for old fashioned pen and paper so the experience becomes a tactile one, with sensations that I can reproduce in my mind when I'm away from my diary but need to feel the connection.

This morning I made an appointment to see my GP after work about my recent onset of anxiety and, quite frankly, unstable mood. I managed to get in to see my favourite Doc who, as expected, made me feel comfortable, and didn't pry when I put my current problems down to "a setback in my personal life". He has prescribed me Buspirone Hydrochloride 10mg twice daily to help ease the anxiety, which is what's been driving my moods.

So, all in all, I think the last 24hrs have been very productive and, though I'm still very wobbly, it feels like there might be some steady ground ahead.

Thank you to everyone for all of the support you've given me over the last few days. I know I've been pretty high maintenance, and I really do appreciate all the time that people have devoted to me.

x x x

That is fantastic :)

I'm so happy for you, it's such a huge step forwards to start writing a journal and to also go to your GP.

Well done :D

Big hugs to you.

Thank you sheeba!

Also, I've picked a notepad for my positivity book like you suggested. Just trying to decide how to decorate it to make it 'mine'.

Wow, it just keeps getting better and better. :D

I'm so happy for you, genuinely. It's good when the clouds shift a bit so you can start doing things and being more productive and pro-active again.

If the clouds come back again, look back on this thread and remember that they will pass again and you will have a good day again soon.

We just have to keep going on and eventually the dark days will get less and less.

Also - did you notice I'd started a positive phrase thread? It might give you a few things to start off with in your book once you've decorated it.

Again so happy for you. You should do something rewarding and nice for yourself this evening. Treat yourself :)

Take care.

I'm just having a chilled out evening tonight. It was a manic day at work so I'm just kicking back with a pizza and Alien Resurrection on Blu Ray.

I did see your positive phrases thread sheeba, and I will almost certainly pinch a few. :)

Archived