Mental Health Forums

Mirtazapine

imdebbiem

I have been to the Doctors and he has yet again changed my meds.

I am now on 100mg Sertraline and 15mg Mirtazapine...has anyone being on this one before?

Apparently its similar to Trazodone which I actually quite liked apart from it making me a bit too sleepy in a morning.

Yep, I'm on mirtazapine, and have been for, what nearly 7 years [eeks].

It sedates me enough at night to help me [usually] to get off to sleep. I don't tend to feel sleepy the next morning. I'm on 30mg. Though I was on 15mg for a year when I managed to reduce it for that long... until work stress hotted up.

Yep I have been on them too was only on them for about 2-3 months as they didn't agree with me, I felt so suicidal with them and also I was so paranoid about gaining weight that I stopped taking them, I hope they work for you.xxx

Made me eat constantly, so had to come off it (gained 4.5kg in a month!!) I'm overweight, and have a tendency to comfort eat anyway so not good...

On just Sertraline now... hope Mirt works for you, I think it'll be a good one if you don't get the eating side effect... no sleepiness conpared to trazodone xxx

I've been on Mirtazapine for about a year now, along with Lofepramine, and I think it's worked quite well for me. Initially I was VERY drowsy in the mornings, but that soon petered out.

I was on 30mg but have recently been upped to 45mg. Last night was my first at the increased dose and I nearly didn't wake up in time for work, but I think I'll adapt pretty quickly.

I hope it works for you. :)

This drug turned my life around, the first 6 months were the most effective. I've been on it 15 months now and think its stopped working, I'm currently on 45mg. It did intially make me drowsy and unfortuantely increased my appetite. I'm looking to come off it and go onto venflafaxine, although I cannot praise Mirtazapine enough though, as I say, initially it did wonders.

xx

Yeah I had been on twice but it made me feel worse cos it made me put on weight so wasnt on it very long only about 3-4months each time. I know some people have found it very helpful though so it might be worth trying and seeing how you find it.

Archived