Mental Health Forums

Time For Change

Eagleheart

I hate the way I've become in recent months. So squashed.So defeated.So I am saying ENOUGH ALREADY! The person i've been recently is NOT the true me.I am usually extremely feisty and stubborn.I WANT THAT PERSON BACK. I LIKE the real me.I have been so weak & pathetic.I've allowed OTHER PEOPLE to crush my character,I have let them walk all over me and disrespect me.And the longer i've let it happen,the more the strong me has withered.

CHANGE HAPPENS NOW. I am going to be ruthless.Cut out the dead wood that has drained the life out of me.NO-ONE is going to get the chance to take the piss out of me again.I will not let ANYONE into my life,unless they can prove themselves worthy of my loyalty.I will no longer waste my energy on time-wasters.MY FAMILY WILL NOT UNDERMINE ME AGAIN and neither will anyone else. I am resigning from the position of general doormat and I am here to say I AM BACK!!!

I will still be kind & compassionate & thoughtful but I will not suffer fools gladly. If anyone tries to knock me off my path,well,just let them bloody well try!!!!!

I AM ALIVE.Let's get on with it...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Powerful words Eagle. It's nice to see you are positive. Can you send some of that positivity my way please :D

xx

Thanks for the lovely remarks everyone. It has been horrible feeling so dead and crushed. Something just snapped in my head yesterday and it was like i found myself again. I know there will be ups and downs and knocks,but no-one will mistreat me again,not without me throwing a few punches in my defence.I am moving on,leaving weakness behind. Thanks again. xxx

Greenthing! You not feeling great? Thanks for the encouragement. I got 2hrs sleep last night but I don't care. Hoping to get out & about to take photographs and get my artistic juices flowing.I am looking OUTWARDS now.No more introspection. xxx

Hello Eagleheart well done on being very proactive and being able to

highlight the things you want to change. You should be proud, Your

doing very well and keep up the momentum.

:). xxx

Thankyou Angel. I feel alive for the first time since i attempted sui last Aug and i will fight to hold on to that. x

I am so pleased for you, and it is still hard and I bet you must be tired from lack of sleep. I don't want to sound patronizing but I feel really proud how you've turned all this around. :) Hugs

Awh,Pickle AND Jess! You lovely lovely ladies! Thankyou for your remarks.It means a lot to know that there are people rooting for me. My life was going to places that were truly horrendous,so i figured it was either sink or swim.I've tried the sinking shit and it didn't work out,so i say Fuck it!!! Let's just doggy-paddle like crazy and cross fingers! xxx

Thanks Growly. I was really scared that i was going to feel "dead" for the rest of my liife. I don't know exactly what went "ping" in my head,i'm just bloody delighted that it did! No more being everyone's favourite doormat.xxx

Just put change into action- I had a pang of anxiety and instead of allowing it to take control,i took 5 mins out to look out my window.There was a beautiful woodpecker just 4ft from my window and i got such a sense of peace from observing it and appreciating its amazing beauty. Calmness prevails! xxx

I'm outta here for tonight. Stay safe everyone and look after yourselves AND each other. xxx

I got it together today and went to my gp and told him about my eating issues and the fact that i have had a string of various infections for the past 3 mnths.He is going to do a bunch of blood tests.I have been avoiding dealing with all that for weeks.It may not seem much,but it was very positive action.I see my psych tomorrow morning and hubby is coming with me to back me up because the psych tends to treat me like a very dim kid rather than an intelligent,capable adult.Pro-active again.And lastly,i am going to visit mother in hospital,having managed to avoid the whole situation for the past 2 wks. I am having to force myself to do these things,but at least i AM doing them.I am determined to make changes.xxx

Archived