Mental Health Forums

My Cat Is Really Poorly

Tray

he been sick all week i was away, i thought he was just pining for me,but got back yesterday and he has lost loads of weight, he's not eaten all week, or drank. took him right to the vets yesterday and they wasnt sure what it could be,they thought at first a tummy upset, so gave him some meds and had to take him back today. he is still being sick, so took him back they did bloods to rule out kidney and liver damage, but now they think its his heart. he has cardiomyopathy (sp) anyway so they think he going into heart failure. he has to be admitted to hospital tomoz for heart scans, but they have warned me he could just pass away in his sleep tonite, hes only 7 but he my baby :(

Oh no Tray, I am so sorry to hear this. You must be absolutely devastated :-( I can't think of many things worse than my cats being ill, or them passing away. I hope he pulls through and is okay, but my thoughts are with you. Stay strong for him. xxxx

Aww poor cat and im sry for you to tray, i know what its like to have ill pets. I do hope he pulls through hun.

huggles xx

You are in my thoughts pal.I lost 2 of my lovely cats in the last year and know how distressing it is to see them being ill and not being able to make them better. Big love to you AND your puss cat.xxx

sorry Tray

I'll have my fingers crossed, perhaps they can stabilise him on diuretics for a bit so you have a little more time

hugs

Mousex

I know how important you cat is to you as mine is to me. just be there for him and give him love you have given him the best life in the world and he knows it!

well he m,anaged a bit ofchicken at lunch time and has kept it down yay but he still looks so sad and depressed x

Aw I'm glad he managed to eat something, maybe just put some nice gentle music on, and talk to him. I'm sure he'll appreciate your company. *hugs* keep us updated xxxx

got some special food for his supper,at the moment he'sjust sitting in the back garden,he's either been there or lying under the dining table today, not even been upstairs :(

will keepyou posted x

have done, he'shad visitors today to see him, he had one muthful of food for supper and has gone back to sleep,but at least he hasnt thrown it back up yet x

yea they checked for poisining and everything. He has had his heart scan now, which is enlarged, so he will need medication for it. He now has to have a tummy xray as they think they can feel a lump... so far have spent £200, today is gona cost about £600, im trying to raise the funds now for it. I have insurance but you have to pay out first and claim back after which is stupid.will keep you updated x

Archived