Mental Health Forums

Withdrawal...?

CrippleAndStarfish

How long are the symptoms supposed to last?

I've come off mirtazapine, fluoxetine, and quetiapine. Wasn't taking any of them as I should have been - missed a few doeses - and was taken off them gone cold turkey with them.

Got headaches, stomach cramps, shakes, just feel very flu-like and not good. Doc has confirmed that it's withdrawal, but couldn't say how long it would last.

Has anyone else been thru it? If so, what were your experiences with it and how long did it take to ease up?

I've got so much to get done - packing and house move, work, then redecorating and getting everything set up and L settled here in plenty of time before he starts the new school year. I know it's still a couple months, but it's a lot to be done in a relatively short space of time and i'm really starting to feel the pressure, and could so do without feeling so ghastly.

xx

I have gone cold turkey from Fluoxetine when I was pregnant and I got a couple of weeks of feeling really weak and run down. It passes but your right, its a horrible feeling to have...I hope you are feeling better soon. xxx

I'd say up to a couple of weeks, just with the fluoxetine, which is known to have horrible withdrawal symptoms. If I end up withdrawing by accident - forgotten to pick my prescription up etc.. - I tend to have to sleep through it because just sitting upright makes me feel like hell! Sounds like rotten timing for you and everything, personally, I'd take it easy and ride it out for a few days, not push yourself too hard. Hopefully things will even out reasonably quickly.

Years ago, I was on prozac for about six months if I remember, and I didnt get any withdrawals from it.

I wouldnt come off meds suddenly though, a taper is better.

I mentioned tapering off them to the doc, but he wanted to take me off them fully straight away.

Feeling a bit more with it today, had a good sleep last night though, and i did A Brave today and went for the blood tests my doc requested, and sans panic attacks too! , even though last night i'd pretty much made my mind up that come hell or high water no one was getting anymore blood out of me for a good while yet.

I've already done my food shop this morning too, so today is a lazy one of a nap after an early lunch, then nip into town to post a few things, and i reckon an afternoon of either House or Shameless.

Thankfully am headache-free this morning too.

xx

I mentioned tapering off them to the doc, but he wanted to take me off them fully straight away.

Feeling a bit more with it today, had a good sleep last night though, and i did A Brave today and went for the blood tests my doc requested, and sans panic attacks too! , even though last night i'd pretty much made my mind up that come hell or high water no one was getting anymore blood out of me for a good while yet.

I've already done my food shop this morning too, so today is a lazy one of a nap after an early lunch, then nip into town to post a few things, and i reckon an afternoon of either House or Shameless.

Thankfully am headache-free this morning too.

xx

Of all the people to know antidepressants should be weaned of, it should be your doctor.

It's really good taht you have done all those thiings today, and I hope you enjoyed your afternoon of TV .

Archived