Mental Health Forums

Just Me Again

Roses

Hey everyone, still around. Look at some stuff sometimes other days I don't come on but you are all still in my heart and I wish you all well. Things are good here. NHS still not given me start date for this DBT was supposed to be starting in January... but had a meeting to let me know that the whole borough has had a shake up and services been offline in effect and some starting up in June and some in December so I am not forgotten just NHS being NHS again. Felt sorry for the guy who had to sit there and tell everyone as it is not their fault is budgeting and they had ALL had to go through the process of re-applying for their jobs and a lot of people are moving around services so it doesn't sound fair on them either. So I'm being patient and am told will be written to every couple of months (what I asked to happen) to let me know where they are at.

I still haven't self-harmed since last July and although I have been really tempted at times I have managed not to and to not run away of overdose either - this is a first for me. I am experiencing some problems with food where I'm struggling to eat in front of people and they are starting to pick up on it so it can be awkward but Mike is great about it and not putting any pressure on me. I'm not underweight anyway (although I have lost about 19 pounds now it has been over last few months and not too dramatic). Anyway I have 13 pound between me looking OK and starting to look underweight so I'm happy although I do feel the urge every day to not eat I am eating and the laxative issue isn't too bad either so that's good. A bit of obsessive exercise going on but that's manageable.

Kids are good, Mike is good (he has been to carers a few times now which is positive and his counselling should start soon) and Alora and I still attending Church regularly so that is wonderful too. Just a quick update really. Love to you all. xxxxx

good to hear u r doing well.

shame about the dbt but i know how services can be delayed due to budgets.

great to hear u havent s.h too

keeep up good work.

mtm xx

Alright Rose!!! That is wonderful news about not SH'ing, I am so so pleased for you... And to also read how well you're doing with everything... I wish you the very best of luck with it all and I do hope you start your DBT as soon as the NHS, Get their arse's into gear!!!...

Take care...

Great to hear from you Roses, you are often in my thoughts.

It's great to hear how well you're doing, and good for you on not SH'ing or OD'ing that's excellent.

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on the DBT, but sounds good that they've agreed to keep you informed on the progress every couple of months.

Keep going hun

x

Hiya posie!! Lovely to hear from you as always. Glad things are progressing well - you are doing great xxxxx

Its really good to hear from you Roses, your doing so well, i'm really happy for you. youll never be forgotten, youve helped so many people xxx

Thanks Pandorica and Emma. Pandy - on the Dr Who repeats it is the episode with the Pandorica this week! Much love and thanks for your kind words xxxxx

thank you for the update and the hope that it brings. i think that you are doing wonderfully - mike must be so proud of you.

our local nhs mh services are reorganising too... i feel sorry for them too. it must be a nightmare and so hard to see so much need and not be able to meet it.

Hi sweets

Sooooooo good to hear how well you're doing - I most certainly haven't forgotten you and look forward to your updates.

Much love

Cats xxxx

I can really feel the love, thanks guys. Tues we painted Alora's room for her and yesterday I hung curtains and put back in the stuff on shelves as today her new carpet is coming - excitement! Looks great.

She's over the moon, it really needed doing. Lilac walls, golden thick carpet with stripey blue/lilac/gold curtains and bed spreads to come next week. I did really well I got curtains for her and Aran, pad for chair, voile for wardrobe and 2 sets of linen for £43! Bargain and they look great, thanks. xxx

Archived