Mental Health Forums

Doing Nice Things For Ourselves :d

toaster

We went to the hairdressers yesterday. Pie has had hers cut quite short for her - her hair has always been mega long, now it's just below her shoulders. It's also red :D it looks lurverlyyyyyy :D

I've had my natural colour put back in - my hair was a combination of red, brown and grey :blink::lol: it was also just a block of hair - no shape or anything. It has been about 4, maybe 5, years since I had my hair done :o I have had a blonde streak put through my fringe (bangs for all you non-ukers :D) and had some layers cut in - my hair looks thicker and healthier.

I'm really happy with the result and can't stop looking at it :D

It was good as well because in the past I have HATED going to the hairdressers. I love having my hair done - or rather, I love the end result - but I usually can't cope with the small talk. It makes me mega anxious and then I come across as a total weirdo. I had a few paranoid moments, thinking that they were laughing at my mouth but all in all my state of mind was a whole lot better than in the past. Pie and I weren't sitting next to each other which made me worried at first, but I (think I) managed to come across as relatively normal and I even managed to enjoy the experience :)

We also both did really well at slimming world - I lost 3 and a half lbs and pie lost 4 and a half! That makes me total 9 lbs and pies a stone and one lb!

I hope to lose another 3 this week and then 3 the week after. We are going to France and I want to feel as nice as possible, plus it is highly likely with all the French wine I will put some weight on whilst over there :D

We have also bought ourselves lots of lovely new clothes. Pie has this knack of choosing things that will look good on me, things I would never dream of choosing. She has bought herself some proper bright tops which I love :D

Just thought I would share!

Thanks for sharing that toast, it has reminded me that i need to look after myself alot more.

I bet you both look amazing xx

Archived