Mental Health Forums

Past Few Days

CrippleAndStarfish

The weekend was a strange one for me, v high anx levels due to someone being in the area who i'd rather never see again, but i got through it, didn't see him at all...... AND also managed to squeeze in -

a night out at a gig and alt clubs on Saturday night, Sunday night fairly tame drinks at mine with a couple friends, Monday night went out for a meal - 14 of us in total and it was hectic and loud and the food was delicious and the company was amazing, we had a really good laugh, and then went back to a friends, all of us, and continued drinking there. Was really great, had an absolute ball.

And then last night back at the friends to watch the match, have a giggle, and obv knock back a couple cans. Was a great night, again.

Today i ran the hoover round, walked Teh Puppeh, washed the pots and dusted, went into town to get a few bits, called at a friends house for a cuppa and a natter, and then tonight i've been lazy - manicure, pedicure, curl up on sofa with a book and an endless supply of hot chocolate, nice deep bath with expensive bath creme and bath salts which have made my skin lovely and silky smooth and a tiny little bit glittery (yay!) and now am in my pjs ready for another hot chocolate, watch tonight's Eastenders, then off to bed.

Tomorrow i'm picking a friend's little'un up from school and then will prob be staying at the friend's through the evening, and same on Friday too probably, but def picking little'un up again from school.

Busy busy busy, and i feel really, really good!!

Also, prob not a biggy to most people, but mum told me she loved me t'other day. Sent me a message telling me, and it's such a big deal to me as i so very rarely hear it. That had me on a real high too :) (and she is doing really well btw, so proud of her)

xxx

wow! so much positivity hun :D really well done :) is lovely to hear about what your mum said, know it will mean a lot to you sweets. much lovels xxxx

wow that is all so lovely

so glad things going well with you and you enjoying what you doing

lovely that your mum said she loved you aaahhhh bet that was the best bit of all, i know if my daughter says it, it means so much - and i tell her too - usually when shes not expecting it - out the blue - makes all the difference

great xxxx

:D thanks lovlies! xxxxx

Picked the friend's little'un up from nursery today, but the torrential rain had ruined our plans to go to the park, so that's a bit rubbish, but we've had a giggle anyway and she was back at home curled up on the sofa having a little nap with a full tummy in time for her mum getting home, so am pleased about that :)

She's at a farm tomorrow for a school trip, so will be tired so no park tomorrow either but have said that I will take them all (her and 2 younger brothers) out with my L on Saturday instead.

The rain has put a bit of a downer on my day and have monthly pains too which is annoying, but i'm gonna wash the few dirty pots, then get my feet up and have some lunch, a cuppa, and catch up on True Blood, then heading back round to friends with the fella later after dinner.

I'm also off my medication and the worst of the nastiness seems to have gone, and am feeling more stable than i can recall ever feeling... don't wanna jinx it by saying that though! eek! But, Snoozy has a happy :D hehe

much loves xxxxx

(((Snoozysuzy))), I am just imagining and sort of wanting to know how that feels!!! Your mum telling you that she loves you and means it.x Wow. I know what a biggy this one is.

You be sounding very positive and it was lovely reading your post , and great to say Hi in chat last night.x

Its a real biggie for me when someone tells me they love me, particularly my mum! We all need love and support.

I am really pleased that this has passed without that abuser hurting you in any way. I bet it was difficult for you but you have got through it because you are stronger than you think!

Pickle, aww thanks :) it was nice last night even though i wasn't about for long. Gonna make more of an effort to go in chat more regularly from now, so hopefully see you in there again soon hun!

It really is a biggie for me, as me and mum have a strained relationship, though it is better than it has been for a long, long time. I really think we're going from strength to strength and i'm so pleased with that :)

xxx

Data, thanks lovely, yeah, it was hard, and there were a few times when i stopped in my tracks and started to panic as i thought i saw him, but i managed those moments quite well in retrospect, though at the time i thought i was so obvious and not doing a very good job of keeping emotions under control. Thanks Data, I am trying more and more to acknowledge that just cause i feel weak/scared/unable to do something, doesn't necessarily mean that i am.

xxx

Jess, thanks hun :) yeah, i really do feel happy. Alien territory!!! LMAO

xxxx

Get used to it hun, please get used to it! :) You sound different as though a weight has been lifted or something, whatever it is, I'm so happy you are enjoying yourself.

:) thanks Jess, y'know, i feel different. Really different. I really do feel like a weight has been lifted. I think for a long time i've felt trapped.... though maybe that's not the right word.... i guess i've just felt dragged and held down by a lot of things that, to be blunt, were not my problems but rather problems forced onto me and passed off as being my responsibility, and for a long time i allowed that as i was hurt and confused too and wanted to help..... recently those problems have gone, so i think i am just feeling free.

I actually feel pretty hopeful.... and pretty "normal". oooh!! lol

I hope it sticks around long enough for me to get used to it hun :)

xxx

You seem to have good insight in to what has dragged you down. Other peoples problems can become like poison in our lives if we let it in. It is impossible situations as we can't control anyone but ourselves so we can get swept along in someone else's shadow of problems. I've found myself in this position many times in my life, when I see that it isn't me, my problem, my responsibility it delivers a freedom. It is hard because the people we love and care about will have problems and we want to help but sometimes some people don't want to help themselves and it is then that I think we have to think about ourselves. :)

Archived