Mental Health Forums

Heard Back From Old Therapist

lonelyheartemma

As i have given up on the cmht I decided to look up the counsellor I saw at college as he was also a private therapist. I wasnt at college for long but i really liked him and he helped a lot, I was sad i couldnt see him after i left college. He is still a private therapist so i wrote to ask if it might be possible for him to see me. Today i got an email reply from him (I only had his adress before so i had to write a letter)

He said he was very touched to hear from me and he'll get back to me properly once hes read my letter in detail.

I know it doesnt mean he will want to/be able to be my therapist but its really nice he seems to remember me out of probably thousands of students, its nice he feels touched, I thought he'd feel sad or even disgusted that I'd messed up my life so bad.

But he obviously thinks i'm worth thinking about and taking time over so he'll probably come back with some good advice even if he says he can't help me himself.

I hope he will but if he recomends someone else instead it will probably be a good recomendation.

It was weird, one session we ended up having a discussion about period pains, he was giving me advice and stuff! Its weird thinking about it now but it felt completely normal at the time.

thank you, I'll let you know what he says when he gets back to me

Archived