Mental Health Forums

Eating Problem, But Not Eating Disorder, Help Please

tattoogirl

Hello

I have bad eating problems that affect me every single day. A few years ago I was on a strict diet and lost a stone and a half to the point where i was borderline underweight, I was doing sports competitions and this is why I was loosing the weight, not long after I broke my arm and then I went from what was basically the Aktins diet to a binge junk diet. Three years on and im still here. Im trying my best to manage it but I find every day difficult. Note that I also have depression and attempted suicide a year ago. From the dieting I have messed up my stomach, and have awful problems eating with also developed an intolerance to alot of foods, mainly dairy and takeaways, some fatty foods. I have constant nausea which gets me down alot, I feel sick constantly every single day.

I have been seeing a dietician which has helped a tiny bit as I dont eat as much junk food, but i still eat alot even though he really hurts and tortures my stomach. Doctors say I have milkd gastris which should clear up and maybe IBS. To be honest I would say I easily have IBS. Now the fact is that I am borderline overweight. I have never been overweight and it disgusts me, I feel sick even thinking about all the fat on me. Im 5ft 8 and nearly 12 stone, afraid to weigh myself again. I have put on 2 stone in the last year with hardly doing any exercise as it was triggering my panic attacks. Although im starting to do twice a week at the gym.

I feel horrible, disgusting, overweight, sore, uncomfortable to the point that when I feel sick I just want to make myself sick so it doesnt hurt anymore (not to make myself sick to become skinny). Ive made myself sick just a couple of times because of the pain, but it doesnt seem to want to come up! And im quite aware that its not the best thing to do, so i try not to, its only happened a few times.

I dont have an eating disorder but I do have alot of eating problems and need your help!

Im due to see the dietician again, I just dont want to gain anymore weight and its just creeping up on me.

I also have bad anxiety and breathing problems after I eat anything I consider to be bad.

Thank you

Hi

I'm sorry your going through all of this,

It sounds so stressful

I too am struggling with my weight, I go through periods of not caring to absolute self hatred,

I hate my body

But I struggle to find motivation to change it

So well done for taking actions by going to the gym etc that is a lot better than I am doing :)

It does take time for weight to drop off but if you try to eat ok and keep up with the gym then I'm sure it will work

Good luck :)

And you say you need our help? I'm glad to help

What would you like for us to do though? If its just someone to talk to about it etc then feel free

x

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time :( Can the GP not give you any pain medication for when you eat? And can you not do little exercise to help lose the weight? To be honest though you say you dont have an eating disorder per say, but i would say you do if your having panic attacks when you eat an your panicky about weight gain they can be signs that u can develop one. Do you ever starve/miss meals to restrict calorie intake? xx

You might be better to ask ur GP if u could see a counsellor that deals with eating problems xx

i am a regular perger so i know what your going through. The normal part of mybrain says i am to light but the damaged bit says i am to fat so i cant win with my self. Hope you feel better soon and well done for posting this it must have been hard for u

thanks for the replys. I dont starve myself, no way could i do without food! I hate to feel hungry. I have medication for my stomach pains but its not that helpful, and the ones that I do take they have to be taken half an hour before food so its hard to remember. Im on a low dose of serequel too which slows down the metabolism. I tried coming off it but I couldnt sleep at all, and im taking it to help sleep.

Im waiting on the diectician contacting me so once she does that hopefully i can get on some right track. Yesterday i just kept eating everything!

I was thinking of joining slimming world but then apparently diets arent good for me

:( it's horrible when you can't stop eating. I've done a full circle with my eating problems i used to be anorexic with a little binge and purging, then i over ate being at biggest i was a size 22 an 18/19 stone im now back to a size 14 an around 14 stone but my eating disorder has come with a vengance an im more bulimic now than ive ever been :(

Hopefully ur dietician will get incontact soon an in the mean time u have our support :D xxx

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update and say that the dietician has put me on a restricted 1500 cal diet, and im on week two and doing well so far. Just takes a while getting used to. Just have to tell myself no when I get the urge!

Archived