Mental Health Forums

Moving On To New Part Of Life

AmyP

so many things are happening at the minute it's just crazy...

me and bf have got a house sorted :) we're moving in at the end of next month. it's so lovely, as soon as we walked in i just loved it ^_^

we've seen some really horrible places and for only a tiny bit extra we've found a great place which should be worth a lot more than we'll be paying!

job training is going fine, am getting on with my portfolio and continuously looking forward to starting work :) i know it might be a struggle at times, but it's something i really want to do and i'm going to talk to my keyworker to see what support i can get if it does get hard.

i went to a clinic today to see about getting treatment for my scars. i've reached a point where i don't want them anymore, so am going to do everything i can to minimize them.

the woman was lovely, really kind and caring but not patronizing. she said she would see what she could do and look into treatment.

when i got back she rang to say she has spoken to a plastic surgeon she used to work with and he said he will see me free of charge to give me advice on what options there are :) so hopefully i can at least get something done to minimize them a bit, even if they don't go away completely.

a few days ago i broke down to my bf about how much it bothered me that he was doing nothing to help look for a house. i was looking during every bit of free time i had organizing viewings in between work training, an he was doing nothing despite the fact he's going on holiday soon and has plenty of free time. he also did nothing of his own accord, i had to tell him to do even basic things over and over that i really shouldn't have to be saying, like ringing about money and applying for more hours at work. he completely took in what i said and apologized, an since then he's a lot more involved in things, he looked for houses and applied for more hours at work. he also helps clean up, just found him washing all the pots and the living room is clean! nearly fell over :lol:

feel like i'm starting a new period of my life.

am not going to fall into the trap of thinking it will all just go away, but am going to continue going to dbt and try to work through things with my bf rather than just keep it all inside and self-destruct.

feels like my life is finally starting :)

Oh that's so lovely to read Dory :) Sorry I am out of likes at the mo but I LIKE all of what you have written very much. I am very impressed and very proud of you and you should be very proud of yourself as well sweets :) xx

yay for you sounds so lovely

really pleased you are making possitive changes and being assertive.

things will get tough no doubt cos im affraid life thriws things at us but uts so lovely to hear u r moving inti a better place and not just a new home ;-) lol

really hope u continue to grow and change well done

big ((((hugs))))

mtm xx

thanks so much cats hunnie :) no one ever says theyr proud of me :blush02: xx

thanks morethanme hun :) very true hun is not guna be an easy road, but am determined to do my best to smooth out the bumps :) (((hugs))) xx

Pandora, you are making such massive steps and doing so well. It's lovely to see.

Remember that even if you have a shit day/week, it'll pass. And that we'll always be here.

Here, would you mind letting me know what the surgeon says about your scars? I would love to get mine sorted too.

Snap esme! :D

I was just about to ask Dory the same question about the plastic surgeon and the scars, it would be good to know what options there are :)

thanks esme hun, is lovely to know i have friends here :)

course yeh il let you all know what he says :) i'm ringing on monday to book an appt, have to travel a bit but will hopefully be worth it to hear what he has to say. the woman at the clinic said about possibly using dermaroller which uses micro needles to puncture the skin and rejuvenate it, but apparently that will make keloid scars worse and wouldn't have any effect on the others as they aren't shallow superficial ones. he also said creams wouldn't do much. think she said he mentioned a skin graft, but other than that there may not be many options.

but will see what he says xxx

Wow pandora. It's so lovely to hear you sound so positive and I'm so glad things are changing for the better. I'm especially glad that work feels good after your doubts earlier this week.

And remember this is all down to you. It's not just good luck you, pandora have done this and that great.

Big pat on the back to you hun. Xxx

thank you abster hun :)

what you said about it not just being luck is interesting, i didn't realize it but i give myself no credit for the good things that are happening, it's just good luck and the efforts of everyone else putting up with me xxx

(((Pandora))) This is all absolutely amazing and it really cheered me up reading all your really positive news. I'm so pleased you are settling in to the training and also looking forwards re key worker and the like for futures. The news on the house is fantastic, but what is absolutley wonderful is you discussing things that were bothering you with your boyfriend and his response!! Blooming marvellous and well done you.xxx

Everything sounds really good and positive. I'm so pleased for you.

You have come a long way in the last year. You should be very proud of yourself xx

This is so positive, I love hearing your progress, just keep putting one foot in front of the other, your doing so well with learning new coping skills. Pleased as punch for you :)

thank you pickle hun :) am really glad i said something, i guess he's not a mind reader. he cant know something is wrong if i dont tell him lol xxx

thanks kalico hun :) i am proud actually, when think of this time last year, i feel like my life has a direction now, one that im excited for xx

thank you sah hunnie :) very true hun one foot at a time, am not guna try and leap like i did before. guess i am coping better with things :) xx *like*

edit- noo have run out of likes :( owe you a 'like' sah hun, a massive 'like' :lol:

Yaaaaaay,

well done on all your hard work Pan,

like others have said, you need to take the credit

for the hard work you have put in which is bringing about many of these things

x.

So proud of you pandypoo. :hug2: :hug2:

You're doing so well, and that you can acknowledge that and give yourself the credit you deserve, is even better!!!

*is all teary-eyed*

xxxxxxxxxx

Archived