Mental Health Forums

How I Overcome Binge Eating

Lois_Lane

I hope this could help most of you with this eating dissorder or at least give hope.

I was binge eating for more than six years. At times I forced my self to vomit but not always. As the time was passing by I was binging more and more, getting weight and hating my self for that.

Two winters ago, my doctor gave me meds, atidepressant that is used in fighting bulimia. Helped at firs, but every time I felt bad I was binging and then, neither that med could help me. It was driving me insane.

I was hospitilized for a month last summer and there, I had to eat strictly at the same time every day and the ammount of food they gave us.

After I got out of the hospital I've started psychoterapy with a new doctor. We talked about my binging, he said that it represented my emotional hunger and I was trying to fullfil it with food. I kept eating home at the very same time I eat in the hospital but I couldn't continue it, because after some time I wasn't getting up as early as we did in the hospital. But, somehow, I was still eating 3 meals a day without binging. I was meeting my therapist every week, sometimes twice a week.

I can't tell the exact reason why I stopped binging. But I can guess. One, I got used to this rutine of eating I got in the hospital and, two, I was getting so much support from my therapist, it changed my ways of thinking.

I thought binge eating is something that overtake my life and I could never get rid of it. But I did.

And I know that most of you feel the same. But there is hope, there is way. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS!

If you have any quastions or need to talk, I am here!

Thank you natfredricks :)

I really wish I could help others to pass through this. I know how hard that is to deal with. It took comlete control over my life.

I've lost about 33 pound for less than a year. I eat normally, I don't let myself skip meals even if I don't feel hungry. And sometimes my appetite is bigger than rest of the days and I aloud my self to eat more then. I weight really healthy and that is what is important. ANd of course, it means a lot to your self image so I feel better about myself.

Anyone who wants to talk about it can, on this therad or PM. I'd love to help if I can. I know our stories can be very different, but what we struggled is the same.

xx

Routine is definitely an essential part of life! Thank you ,Lois, for the story!

Archived